Wiki Posts
Search

Airshow: Time since departure 56 hours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium?
Airshow: Time since departure 56 hours

Recently the airshow has been displaying some crazy times on the TATL flights, but last week took the cake. When we departed from FRA the airshow already had us around 50 hours into the flight!

The thing I find the most annoying about when this happens is that there is no information through the flight as to how long it is until we arrive at the destination. Is this just a matter of the flight crew forgetting to reset the timer?

In this particular flight, the 777 had been switched to a different configuration, and was loaded with Japanese UA magazines (which were kind of interesting to look at, although strange since we were going between FRA and IAD).
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting this happened on the 777 with the "OPP."

I find the Airshow on the IPP aircraft is absolute rubbish. It's ALWAYS inaccurate IME, and let's face it -- with UA's crap selection of movies, the only edge UA IFE has over my laptop is the ability to link up to the aircraft's navigation systems to let me know how much more suffering I need to endure! ;-)
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Last week after landing HKG-ORD the map showed "Time to destination: 27:38!" Would've been a very long hold in the Penalty Box.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA
I hope you took a picture on your cell. 50+ hours delay entitles you to EU compensation...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Strange Airshow Anomaly

Flying UA914 IAD-CDG, and the Airshow told me elpsed time was over 14 hours. Must have started at about 7, since it was going up during the flight.

Happened last month as well, both times on ship 2373.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Last November, I was on a 767 going IAD-FCO, and the airshow basically showed that the airplane never left IAD the entire trip, despite the elapsed time being counted up. I pointed this out to the FA in mid-flight to see if they can reset it. She just shrugged her shoulders.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I knew the 777 had awesome range but dayum.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
My favorite is when we were on the ground in AMS and the Airshow (new config) showed us at 80,000,003 feet. Someone forgot that occasionally airplanes go below sea level and thus signed arithmetic is necessary!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.