Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Verifying Late December Miles and EQMs (Intent to fly)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, Delta, Hilton Silver

So on the 28th of December, I volunteered to give up my seat on a CO flight MSP-CLE-DCA for a $300 voucher and a seat on a non-stop DL MSP-DCA flight. I actually got in 2 1/2 hours earlier than my original flight. I've faxed my boarding passes for both flights to try to get the miles and EQM credits on my account to Mileage Plus. Since the status year ended, how will I know if I ever get the credit?

P.S. The CO kiosk offered only $150, but I used my FlyerTalk knowledge to get a better deal at the gate. Thx
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lynchmobster
So on the 28th of December, I volunteered to give up my seat on a CO flight MSP-CLE-DCA for a $300 voucher and a seat on a non-stop DL MSP-DCA flight. I actually got in 2 1/2 hours earlier than my original flight. I've faxed my boarding passes for both flights to try to get the miles and EQM credits on my account to Mileage Plus. Since the status year ended, how will I know if I ever get the credit?

P.S. The CO kiosk offered only $150, but I used my FlyerTalk knowledge to get a better deal at the gate. Thx
As you voluntarily gave up your flight and took a flight on a non *A airline you will most likely not get credit. If it had been involuntary you could have asked for original routing credit but you volunteered so no go.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Baze
As you voluntarily gave up your flight and took a flight on a non *A airline you will most likely not get credit. If it had been involuntary you could have asked for original routing credit but you volunteered so no go.
I disagree. Never had a problem with a voluntary reroute and getting original routing credit.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by zrs70
I disagree. Never had a problem with a voluntary reroute and getting original routing credit.
There are numerous reports of CO being very stingy about giving ORC. UA has generally been much more willing. As a 1K based at LAX, zrs70, I suspect you're used to seeing the UA side of things?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
UA is pretty good about giving you original routing credit when you VDB to another carrier -- the trick is to point out that you were rerouted "involuntarily" and not say much else. Indeed the fare basis on your new ticket is usually "invol". (I have never done this even when it might earn a few extra miles.)

I read elsewhere that on CO, someone managed to SDC from a convoluted itinerary to the nonstop, and successfully requested ORC for the convoluted itinerary! Crazy.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've faxed my boarding passes for both flights to try to get the miles and EQM credits on my account to Mileage Plus. Since the status year ended, how will I know if I ever get the credit?
Umm.. check your mileage balance and/or history? It wont show EQM, but if you get the RDM you can be fairly confident that you got the EQM too.

Do the additional EQM make a difference in terms of status and or extras (eg, CR1's) ? If not, then other than possibly affecting Lifetime miles there's not a lot of difference as to whether you get the EQM or not.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, AA EXP
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You can call in to the MP Service Center and still check your 2011 EQM balance. I did this yesterday and they were able to give me my updated balance. No way to get this info online anymore.

Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.