Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage+ Vs Lufthansa Miles & More?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat
hi,

can UDU also be used by Lufthansa FTLs?
UDU is only for UA MP/CO OP elites and a single companion -- not available for any other *A members.
Same is true for E+.

Of course, there is the paid route for access to F or E+.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat
hi,

can UDU also be used by Lufthansa FTLs?
Sorry, I don't think so. It applies to UA and CO elites only AFAIK.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:37 am

ok thanks
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: QF, HH
Thinking of "Coming Over" from LH

I'm currently a Lufthansa M&M member, but it seems that UA is better. What do you think, is the grass greener on the other side?

Admittedly, I only signed up to LH M&M a few weeks ago, and haven't flown on Star Alliance yet (not until July actually). Would I be able to tell LH that I'm now a UA member (if I jump ship ), and have them put the miles for my LH flights into my UA account instead?

Also, while I'm at it. LH has a few codeshare flights with Air Dolomiti and Air Malta. Two of my flights might be with these two, as a LH codeshare. Would I get UA points from these?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:11 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
What do you think, is the grass greener on the other side?
In my personal opinion yes. UA is easier to achieve RDM and easier to earn status. Off course it all depends what you prefer and where you live. If you live in Germany M&M gives you far more options.

Would I be able to tell LH that I'm now a UA member (if I jump ship ), and have them put the miles for my LH flights into my UA account instead?
Until you check-in you can change the FF number on your flight as many times as you want.

Also, while I'm at it. LH has a few codeshare flights with Air Dolomiti and Air Malta. Two of my flights might be with these two, as a LH codeshare. Would I get UA points from these?
If your ticket shows a LH flight number you will get miles as if it were a LH flight.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Catweazle
I'm currently a Lufthansa M&M member, but it seems that UA is better. What do you think, is the grass greener on the other side?
When I moved to Rome, I started using LH's M&M program, eventually reaching SEN status. I switched to UA's M+ program because half of my intercontinental flights were to the U.S., and I flew domestically quite often in the U.S. and almost never in Germany. The M&M program gives you a measly 2 international upgrades for reaching SEN status, and even as SEN the chance of getting an op-up are slim. Even though LH's hard product is nicer than UA's, it is better to sit in UA C than in LH Y.

I am happy I made the switch. YMMV.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Upgrade CO flight using MM miles

I have 16K orphan miles with MM. I have a continental flight planned for later this summer that I would like to upgrade part of it using those orphan miles. The MM chart shows that Y, B, and other economy fares are upgradeable but does not specify those booking classes, while the continental chart breaks it down by booking class with miles and co-pays. I know I have to use the MM chart but are there any co-pays associated with using the MM miles? Also does anyone know what Continental booking classes are upgradeable if using MM miles?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by eknock007
I have 16K orphan miles with MM. I have a continental flight planned for later this summer that I would like to upgrade part of it using those orphan miles. The MM chart shows that Y, B, and other economy fares are upgradeable but does not specify those booking classes, while the continental chart breaks it down by booking class with miles and co-pays. I know I have to use the MM chart but are there any co-pays associated with using the MM miles? Also does anyone know what Continental booking classes are upgradeable if using MM miles?
This sounds like a *A upgrade. This must be booked in Y/B, no codeshares (i.e., if on CO metal, must be CO ticket). You can have M&M call (every day) to see if there is upgrade space, and they can confirm it for you. Not sure how many miles you need for this, you'll need to look at the *A chart.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: UA, QF, BA, LH, AA, CO, DL, DJ
Enough flying to achieve status on LH/UA?

Hi

I am flying between Germany and Ukraine on LH in economy often. I won't get status in 2012, but would like to see if I can achieve status in 2013. I estimate I will do about 7-8 return trips in 2013.

My flights are from either Leipzig or Berlin, so an outbound leg looks like this:

TXL-MUC-KBP
TXL-FRA-KBP
TXL-DUS-KBP
LEJ-FRA-KBP
(and of crourse the reverse on the way back).

I live in Germany.
Which FF program am I better off putting my miles on?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.