Red Carpet Club Lounge Access When Travelling To/From Canada [Merged]

Subscribe
Quote: Has anyone tried using Red Carpet Lounge using Premier Exec status when traveling to Canada? I've heard that United does not consider travel to Canada an international route.
I would characterize it as quasi-international.

As a 1P (PremExec), you are allowed Star Gold access to the RCC and AC Maple Leaf lounges but you are not entitled to any drink chits. MLL is better than RCC.
when i was a 1p without rcc membership i would do this all the time without any issue.
Indeed. Last time I came through ORD I even got drink chits and a wi-fi card...but that was of course a mistake by the matron.
Connecting Airport Lounge Access
Hello all,

Next week I am flying from ORD to PHL (on United) then onwards from PHL to YYZ (on Air Canada). As a Star Gold, will I have access to the RCC in ORD?

Thanks so much, and happy holidays!
As long as the ORD-PHL and PHL-YYZ flights are on the same day, you will have RCC access all the way.
Quote: Hello all,

Next week I am flying from ORD to PHL (on United) then onwards from PHL to YYZ (on Air Canada). As a Star Gold, will I have access to the RCC in ORD?

Thanks so much, and happy holidays!
Hi all,
FT newbie here.

Just qualified for 1P for the first time last month. Have not yet recd the package with *Gold card. I will be making two transborder trips in early January:
YVR-SEA-SFO, and then ATL-DEN-YVR. Both trips are in coach.

My question: I understand from this thread that, as *G, I qualify to enter both the MLL in YVR and the RCC in DEN, as both are gateways to my transborder flights. Will they let me in without my *G card, as it would not have arrived by then? If not, can I print out my Premier Executive status from united.com and hope that at least the RCC will honor it (even if MLL does not)?

Thanks for any replies.
Quote: ...My question: I understand from this thread that, as *G, I qualify to enter both the MLL in YVR and the RCC in DEN, as both are gateways to my transborder flights. Will they let me in without my *G card, as it would not have arrived by then? If not, can I print out my Premier Executive status from united.com and hope that at least the RCC will honor it (even if MLL does not)?
You will have no problem with the RCC -- your boarding pass and any MP card will work since they are electronic linked and can verify your status.

My impression is the BP will usuaully be sufficient at the MLL.

Now LH is another matter -- but that's not your issue.
Quote: Hi all,
FT newbie here.

Just qualified for 1P for the first time last month. Have not yet recd the package with *Gold card. I will be making two transborder trips in early January:
YVR-SEA-SFO, and then ATL-DEN-YVR. Both trips are in coach.

My question: I understand from this thread that, as *G, I qualify to enter both the MLL in YVR and the RCC in DEN, as both are gateways to my transborder flights. Will they let me in without my *G card, as it would not have arrived by then? If not, can I print out my Premier Executive status from united.com and hope that at least the RCC will honor it (even if MLL does not)?

Thanks for any replies.
I was able to enter the YVR MLL earlier this month with just my UA boarding pass that had the 1P status printed on it. I apologized for not having my 1P card with me when I handed my BP at the desk, and the lady was fine with it, saying "oh we'll get your star gold card next time."
Quote: As long as the ORD-PHL and PHL-YYZ flights are on the same day, you will have RCC access all the way.
I am afraid you aren't correct. RCC access for *G is at the international gateway airport only. So no RCC in ORD.
Quote: I am afraid you aren't correct. RCC access for *G is at the international gateway airport only. So no RCC in ORD.
In my experience this is incorrect. I have used the RCC, as a SAGold, at my originating location, with a stop scheduled before the Canada leg.

Aloha
Me too. I flew SFO-ORD-YUL about ten times this year and each time used the SFO RCC.
Thanks for the replies to my earlier post regarding MLL and RCC access without the *Gold card.
Thanks for all the replies!

Quote: As long as the ORD-PHL and PHL-YYZ flights are on the same day, you will have RCC access all the way.
It sounds like if I checkin for my Air Canada flight ahead of time (it isn't on the same ticket as the United flight) and print my boarding pass, I should be able to enter the RCC at ORD.

Although I will be getting on a United flight at ORD, I'll simply hand the agent the Air Canada boarding pass from PHL to YYZ.

I have heard mixed reports regarding this connecting flight situation. At first I thought the only requirement for entry was Star Gold and same-day international. I meet both of these criteria, so I'll hope for the best!

If worse comes to worse I can always just got to the lounge in PHL... I was just looking forward to trying out the new RCC in ORD.

Happy Holidays!
I gather from this thread that a UA 1P member can use the SFO RCC when traveling SFOYYZ nonstop and the YYZ MLL when traveling YYZSFO. It also seems that the member can bring one guest. What about two guests, such as two family members? The AC website says the additional guest would be CAD $15/$25 depending on the time of day. Do they charge this fee even for young children? What about two guests at the RCC? How much would UA charge for the second guest - $50?
Quote: When in RCC, you can use T-Mobile hotspot using your MP# to login.
That will work only if you have a RCC membership or purchased a same-day pass.