Wiki Posts
Search

RDU-FRA-KUL upgrade koan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2009, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
RDU-FRA-KUL upgrade koan

I may have to fly RDU-FRA-KUL this summer. I'll spend 4 days near FRA then do the round trip FRA-KUL on LH. My options for the travel to KUL are a Sat or a Sun.

Does anyone out there have an idea on the best day to do this if I want to UG on LH with a paper SWU?

Is there a better way to pull this off? I'd thought of returning to RDU and starting over via SIN, but would miss a meeting in KUL if I did that.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by dulcamara
I may have to fly RDU-FRA-KUL this summer. Does anyone out there have an idea on the best day to do this if I want to UG on LH with a paper SWU?
Don´t you think it´s a long way to go for a prognosis? Generally I´d give Sun a shot over Sat but I have no idea how this route is booked in summer.

About when do you want to ticket this?

F.R.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Don´t you think it´s a long way to go for a prognosis? Generally I´d give Sun a shot over Sat but I have no idea how this route is booked in summer.

About when do you want to ticket this?

F.R.
I will probably ticket as soon as it's certain I need to be in KUL. I expected very little experience on the FRA-KUL route from y'all, so I asked now do those of you who know more than I (ie > 0) can all chime in. If anyone has actually taken that flight, I'd love to hear how it is (Y completely full and lots of op-ups would be fine).
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Be careful with LH schedule to KUL.

I believe that LH schedules have BKK-KUL at only three days a week. I have taken this flight in the past in C and KUL was always an add-on to the FRA-BKK flight. I've done KUL-BKK-FRA once and BKK-KUL return several times. Load on FRA-BKK seemed high (C was full anyway); BKK-KUL loads loads always seemed light to me, with lots of empty seats in C and not many people at bag reclaim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.