Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to add a companion to your itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gofrequentflyer
Usually through business I get a Y class anyway so i usually get a free upgrade to First. I have coupons or miles and could use either to upgrade my gf but I want to at least make sure she gets E+ and if we could site together that would also be a bonus.
Be careful. If you are upgraded in advance due to Y fare, then your girlfriend will not be aloowed into E+. You have to be in E+ to have companions in E+. I don't know how your gf will think if you're in FC and she's back in E-.

You should check NC availability when you're making your reservation and confirm her upgrade with miles and then request your upgrade fro Y to F (maybe even delay ticketing your own to give her a better chance for upgrade).
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by gofrequentflyer
ok pretty easy to do guys, just search on united with your status, find two economy+ seats then call united and get them to put your companion next to you at no cost
how many companions can you do this for? is it limited to one? can any elite do this?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mase
how many companions can you do this for? is it limited to one? can any elite do this?
Elites can guest a single companion on a seperate PNR (if the elite is also on a single person PNR). Note after March 3, 2P/Silver can only get E+ access 24 hours prior to travel.

On a multiple person PNR, elites 1P/Gold/2P/Silver are still limited to a total of 1 companion for E+ -- Plat and above can guest up to 8 additional companions on the same PNR guest into E+.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Elites can guest a single companion on a seperate PNR (if the elite is also on a single person PNR). Note after March 3, 2P/Silver can only get E+ access 24 hours prior to travel.

On a multiple person PNR, elites 1P/Gold/2P/Silver are still limited to a total of 1 companion for E+ -- Plat and above can guest up to 8 additional companions on the same PNR guest into E+.
thanks for that info
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am flying with a coworker this week (separate PNRs) and had him moved to E+ but on the return flight all that was available at the time were middle seats. Last night I was upgraded at the 100 hour mark and there are several aisle/window seats available but if I call to have him moved will they try to move him back to E- since I am now in F?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by andyh64000
I am flying with a coworker this week (separate PNRs) and had him moved to E+ but on the return flight all that was available at the time were middle seats. Last night I was upgraded at the 100 hour mark and there are several aisle/window seats available but if I call to have him moved will they try to move him back to E- since I am now in F?
that is what the practice has been.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.