Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can ticket reservations be placed on hold on United.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can ticket reservations be placed on hold on United.com?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by if1km
A good link for April 1st

http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,51896,00.html

Maybe one day there will be some housekeeping at .BOMB!
Maybe UA Lurker can pass along these housekeeping items FT'ers find onward to their paid staff to clean up...

Holding a reservation

How do I hold a reservation?

If the fare you are purchasing meets the requirements to be held, you may hold the reservation until midnight the following day, as long as the travel date is at least 48 hours from time of booking. Note: You must be logged in with your Mileage Plus number to see the Hold option.

E-Fares, Award Travel, and some discounted tickets do not qualify for Book and hold; they must be ticketed immediately. A held ticket guarantees availability but does not guarantee the fare. To guarantee the fare, we recommend purchasing the ticket at the time of booking.

On the Flights Search > Select > Review page, enter your passenger information and at the bottom of the page, click Hold itinerary. Please note that if you use an e-certificate, promotion code, or upgrades, you do not have the option to hold a reservation. You can only hold up to 9 reservations at a time.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:15 pm
dd

has anyone tried using the western union option and then it holds the itinerary for 2 days... then going back to the itinerary later, does it allow you to change the payment form to credit card and purchase it online? i haven't tried it yet, but just a thought...
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Interestingly enough the hold button was there along with purchase a few days ago (Internet Explorer on Windows 7). But it only allowed me to hold it until midnight SAME day

Went home purchased two other tickets on similiar itenerary and no hold button (Firefox Mozilla on Windows 7). Went to itin on hold, purchased same. Seat assignments remained same.

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.