Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone know why UA955 LHR-SFO cancelled today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass

Does anyone know what happened to this today? I'm ticketed on this flight in 2 weeks with onward connections, so just curious. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
No idea why it was cancelled, but I can tell you that if you think this will have anything to do with a possible cancellation in two weeks, you would be wrong.

Don't worry about it.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K/Life UC, AA-EXP, AF-Plat
Seems to be a mechanical problem but no details are available.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Cancelled today also (Feb 14th)

I was supposed to be on the UA955 today but was put on the flight via ORD instead.
It was cancelled due to a late arrival into LHR and causing crew problems.
(well, that's what I was told)...

Still had my upgraded C seat held

(Just noticed it's an old thread, but nevermind it' the same flight at least ....)
Old Feb 14, 2010, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I know there were all kinds of delays into and out of SFO on Saturday. Weather I assume.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Let's start at the beggining. Someone else can clarify which aircraft is used for UA 983 LHR-BRU flight as it its TATL is a 767 with a change of gauge to a 777-200 in LHR. 13 Feb outbound and 14 Feb return were canceled on this plane. thread

UA 9812 on 15 Feb was the scheduled shuttle flight for 14 Feb UA 955. It was available for sale for several hours on UA.bomb for ~$1085 o/w and then mysteriously canceled. I wonder how they plan to shuttle this plane back over the atlantic. Are they planning to cancel a US-LHR flight on 14 Feb or just run the ferry flight sans passengers?

I'm as curious as the OP.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Feb 14, 2010 at 11:30 am
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by flyinbob
I know there were all kinds of delays into and out of SFO on Saturday. Weather I assume.
Uhh... sunny, IIRC.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Uhh... sunny, IIRC.
There were some serious patches of fog in areas near the bay yesterday - I don't know if they were by SFO. This was winter fog (not the usual summer stuff we get around here).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.