Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-ATL Can I stop over in LAS?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:22 am
Original Poster

LHR-ATL Can I stop over in LAS?

I'm returning from LHR to ATL via ORD on a M12A fare. Apparently, the rules allow for two stopovers on this fare.

I tried to change my routing to the following:

LHR-LAX-LAS-ORD-ATL all on UA with the stopover being LAS. UA reservations told me that this would be back-tracking and that it would cost additional $500. Can anyone help me in trying to get this ticket on the same fare basis without it costing me more?

The extra mileage and segments with a 5 hour layover in LAS would be well worth it to me. If I should have posted this in the Mileage Run forum, please move it over there.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: None Whatsoever
Originally Posted by Evrytania
I'm returning from LHR to ATL via ORD on a M12A fare. Apparently, the rules allow for two stopovers on this fare.

I tried to change my routing to the following:

LHR-LAX-LAS-ORD-ATL all on UA with the stopover being LAS. UA reservations told me that this would be back-tracking and that it would cost additional $500. Can anyone help me in trying to get this ticket on the same fare basis without it costing me more?

The extra mileage and segments with a 5 hour layover in LAS would be well worth it to me. If I should have posted this in the Mileage Run forum, please move it over there.
I think you have as much chance of stopping over in LAS as you have in HNL.

And HNL is nice at this time of year.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds to me like the agent is definitely correct in this case. I believe the stopovers have to at least semi be on the way, as LAS is clearly not. Sorry!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might have busted maximum permitted mileage, so the agent appears to be correct.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks....it doesn't hurt to try!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Evrytania
Thanks....it doesn't hurt to try!
You could buy a LHR-LAS ticket, with a stop in ATL--the ticket cost will likely be higher (I mean, you are travelling a lot further than jsut ATL) but should be cheaper than seperate tickets.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
You could probably stop over in ORD and then buy an ORD-LAS ticket, which I would imagine would cost less than $500.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
You might have busted maximum permitted mileage, so the agent appears to be correct.
It's a routing based fare, not a mileage based fare, so LAS would need to be on the routing. It isn't. Even if it was a mileage fare, LAS would be over the maximum permitted mileage.

You can however get creative with the routing. For example, LHR-MUC-IAD-PVD-IAD-ATL works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.