Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 3, 11, 11:01 am   #1

How do I use my United Mileage Plus number on US Airways?

I've never done this before. Do I just input the Mileage plus number instead of a Dividend Miles number? Also, if I originally booked it with a Dividend Miles number, how can I change it to my mileage plus number? My flight is on Tuesday and I booked it before I settled on Mileage plus as my preferred airline for the year.
Old Jul 3, 11, 11:12 am   #2

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Welcome to FT!!

Online, just put your MP number where you put your Dividend number. If you're having problems by doing it in your online booking, call US. Shouldn't be a problem, even if you already put the number in. (Might be difficult if you've already flown a segment of the booking)
Old Jul 3, 11, 11:13 am   #3

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFlyGuy View Post
I've never done this before. Do I just input the Mileage plus number instead of a Dividend Miles number? Also, if I originally booked it with a Dividend Miles number, how can I change it to my mileage plus number? My flight is on Tuesday and I booked it before I settled on Mileage plus as my preferred airline for the year.
One way to do is to pickup the phone and call US Airway and tell them that you want to update/change your frequent flyer number.
Old Jul 3, 11, 11:18 am   #4

Programs: UA Bronze, DL Silver, Avis First President's Club, Owner's Circle - Green Bay Packers
I always have to call. The website doesn't like me very much and kicks out my number.

US Airways: 800-428-4322
I always speak to a res agent to modify an exisiting one. I'm sure that there are other ways, they just seem to be the fastest, and usually the most compitent.
Old Jul 3, 11, 11:35 am   #5

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron, Hyatt Plat, Priority Club Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax2010 View Post
One way to do is to pickup the phone and call US Airway and tell them that you want to update/change your frequent flyer number.
That, or put your MP number in using one of the airport kiosks. The trick there is to append "-UA", e.g., "00122522018-UA" (no spaces).
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:41 am   #6

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - Plat
I just called US to add my MP# and now the lead 0 is missing from the number online. Do I need to call again to have them add it back in or does it fall off because it's a lead 0?
Old Feb 6, 12, 6:47 am   #7

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United, USAir
I have had USAir flights credited to Mileage Plus several times. My MP number begins with 3 zeros, and these digits have always appeared on the reservation. I would call again, or at least speak about it with the agent at the airport when you check in.
Old Feb 7, 12, 1:43 am   #8
uwr

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 1K
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPG3392 View Post
I have had USAir flights credited to Mileage Plus several times. My MP number begins with 3 zeros, and these digits have always appeared on the reservation. I would call again, or at least speak about it with the agent at the airport when you check in.
My number always has the two leading 0s.
Much better to call in advance if you can't do it online.
If you forget to make the change at the airport, it is a hassle to request credit after the fact.
Old Mar 12, 12, 6:28 pm   #9

Programs: AA 1MM EXP EMD, UA 1K *G, DL PM, VS S, Marriott PLT/ICH AMB PLT/SPG+HH GLD/AMex PLT/Hertz PC
Have any of you obtained the upgrades already in US before you changed the FFP to UA?
Old Mar 12, 12, 7:52 pm   #10

Programs: UA PP, US 1MM SP, SPG Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 View Post
Have any of you obtained the upgrades already in US before you changed the FFP to UA?
The only time I got an upgrade on US (with my SP status), I kept my US number. I change US to UA number at the gate when I don't get upgraded.