Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status Match From Certain Programs to 1K May Now Be Possible (Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match From Certain Programs to 1K May Now Be Possible (Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by JeffS
My thoughts exactly.
Originally Posted by ldsant
+1!!!
LOL. It's no secret that you three are such big fans of mine. Really, I'm truly flattered, especially when you have taken the time to make sure that you respond to every single one of my threads and posts. If I only had the time and determination to do the same, but I don't. So, I'll just let y'all do what y'all do best

Last edited by BlissWorld; Jan 7, 2011 at 10:57 pm
Old Jan 8, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Continental, Marriott, Starwood & Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz P.C.
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
LOL. It's no secret that you three are such big fans of mine. Really, I'm truly flattered, especially when you have taken the time to make sure that you respond to every single one of my threads and posts. If I only had the time and determination to do the same, but I don't. So, I'll just let y'all do what y'all do best
+10000000000000000!!!

I noticed your profile has you as EXP on AA. Well done. Details? A PM would be appreciated.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
Originally Posted by StarAllianceFanatic
+10000000000000000!!!

I noticed your profile has you as EXP on AA. Well done. Details? A PM would be appreciated.
I thought you were finally settled for DL?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I'm Emirates (Skywards) and Qantas Gold 2011/12 (probably will be until I die).

Do you think UA (Smisek-CO) will comp me to 1K in 2012 (under a different, but still legitimate persona, of course)? Otherwise I certainly won't be 1K next year, but 2MM benefits will apply...

Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Grace B
I'm Emirates (Skywards) and Qantas Gold 2011/12 (probably will be until I die).

Do you think UA (Smisek-CO) will comp me to 1K in 2012 (under a different, but still legitimate persona, of course)? Otherwise I certainly won't be 1K next year, but 2MM benefits will apply...

I doubt it. i just got an email from UA inquiring about it. "1K® status through our Elite Status Match (ESM) promotion is only available to members who hold the equivalent status on American Airlines, Alitalia, Czech Airlines, Delta or Eva Airways only."
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Do you get full 1K , SWUs I guess are the main thing thats better than Premier EX,

and do you think they will do this after July so you will have status + SWUs next year too ?

or even just one year of SWUs
thanks

Rally
Old Feb 12, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Fly to reach 1K status

Fly to reach 1K status - (MPP631)
1. Offer valid only for original recipients of this direct mail or email invitation to this offer.
2. Registration required between January 7 and February 28, 2011. To register for the promotion, go to www.united.com/flightchallenge.
3. A one-time $999 (USD) processing fee for 1K® is required.
4. To qualify for this offer, member must first register for the promotion, then book and complete qualifying travel. Offer valid for travel completed within 90 days after time of registration. Member must fly 35,000 EQM or 40 EQS to earn 1K® status, valid through January 31, 2012.
5. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account by June 30, 2011 to be eligible for this offer.
6. Valid carriers: United®, United Express®, Continental®, Continental Express®, Continental Micronesia® or Continental Connection™ only; this offer is not valid on flights operated by other Star Alliance® carriers, Mileage Plus partner airlines, or any other airline; not valid on United or Continental codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
7. Offer valid on all paid, published fares, including government fares. Award travel flights, including Miles & Money, do not apply.
8. This offer is neither transferable, nor refundable. Not combinable with other elite status offers.
9. Participation does not guarantee elite status.
10. Promotional and/or bonus miles/segments/EQM/EQS do not count toward this offer.
11. For tickets purchased in the U.S.: Tickets purchased through United or Continental phone reservations centers are subject to a US$25 ticketing fee and tickets purchased at United airport ticket counters are subject to a US$30 ticketing fee. Fees are subject to change and may vary by marketing airline.
12. Passenger must be a member of the Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account by June 30, 2011 to be eligible for this offer.
13. New elite status for qualified promotion participants will be awarded and reflected in the member’s Mileage Plus account within six (6) to eight (8) weeks after qualifying activity is completed and posted to the Mileage Plus account. Membership kit will be received 4-6 weeks after status is awarded.
14. Customers who achieve 1K status through this offer will receive six (6) United Systemwide Upgrades, valid for twelve (12) months from the date of issuance. Upgrades will be deposited seven (7) to ten (10) days after 1K status is awarded.
15. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
16. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. The Mileage Plus program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
17. Other restrictions may apply.
18. Offer and fees subject to change without notice.
(MPP631)

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...SW631Terms.jsp 1/11/2011
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, DL PM, SPG Plat
Confirmed!

I started the challenge on January 3rd and just got finished my 35k miles yesterday; I had actually initially started a challenge to Premier Exec. on 12/28, but when i heard about the challenge to 1K from a blog after the new year, I called and cancelled my 1P challenge and asked to start a new challenge for 1k.

I was given 1K status on a "probationary" level for 90-days but I enjoyed all the benefits except SWU/regional upgrades. Additionally, when they started matching people over to one pass elite status, I was told I wouldn't be able to be matched until after the 90 days are up.

I didn't have to pay any fees at all, and it should also be of note that while I had anticipated doing it on the basis of a comp. to DL Platinum (I also have AA Plat), I was never actually asked for any verification or anything. All I said was that my recent move from NYC to Washington, DC was the impetus for changing my travel patterns.

One thing I never got an an answer on, however, is how long my 1K status would last (without flying the 100k miles, that is) and whether I would receive any upgrades after finishing the 35k miles and being converted to a regular 1k member. Does anybody know what happens?

Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by the artist formerly known as prince
One thing I never got an an answer on, however, is how long my 1K status would last (without flying the 100k miles, that is) and whether I would receive any upgrades after finishing the 35k miles and being converted to a regular 1k member. Does anybody know what happens?

Thanks!
You need to read the T&Cs with the offer you received to know for sure. The traditional approach is challenge status earned before July is good for the remainder of the year + January. If you actually do 100K this year you will re-qualified for next year -- status good till Jan 2013, if not it will expire in January 2012.

note this is what is stated in this 1K challenge T&Cs
Originally Posted by Jet Yi
4. To qualify for this offer, member must first register for the promotion, then book and complete qualifying travel. Offer valid for travel completed within 90 days after time of registration. Member must fly 35,000 EQM or 40 EQS to earn 1K® status, valid through January 31, 2012....
as for SWUs, again this is in the T&Cs you received. Again the previously posted example stated
Originally Posted by Jet Yi
14. Customers who achieve 1K status through this offer will receive six (6) United Systemwide Upgrades, valid for twelve (12) months from the date of issuance. Upgrades will be deposited seven (7) to ten (10) days after 1K status is awarded.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, DL PM, SPG Plat
i actually never recieved an email from them strangely, i've called to ask them to send it a few times and am always told i'll get it. when i ask them directly about the swu's/expiration date, they tell me I have to refer to the email and that they will re-send it. it's a cycle. is there a specific department i should at least ask to speak to? i apologize for being so vague....i'm so new to united that i'm still trying to understand the structure
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by the artist formerly known as prince
I started the challenge on January 3rd and just got finished my 35k miles yesterday
That's quite a bit longer than 90 days (103 to be exact). Are you sure you got the status?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
I've done some searching, this thread was the most similar.

If I were to complete a UA 1-K status challenge before during Jan-Feb-Mar 2012, I understand that that status will be good thru 1-31-13.

As I continue flying and reach 100,000 miles, lets say during July 2012, will the fully 'earned BIS miles' continue that status through the 2013 year?

If it does not, then I would probably enjoy my status through 2012 and fly another 25-40,000 miles, which does not add up to 1-K
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:03 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dsldog400
....As I continue flying and reach 100,000 miles, lets say during July 2012, will the fully 'earned BIS miles' continue that status through the 2013 year?....
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.