Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United now allows booking for US and CO awards online!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United now allows booking for US and CO awards online!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
Which specific dates?
Every date I tried, initially, but it looks like they may have addressed the issue. I was finally able to get it to pull up a set of dates. I also notice they now display an advisory if you try to search for one ways to *A only destinations.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:13 pm

I tried to price out CNS-GUM-ROR-GUM-CNS. The flights are listed as available when I put in CNS-GUM-CNS and GUM-ROR-GUM separately, but a search for CNS-ROR-CNS yields nothing on .bomb as opposed to Continental's website where it shows up without a problem. Considering .bomb's track record of finding connections I'm afraid I'll still have to pay the phone booking fee for my future award tickets.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yeah I know about all the UA codes. I'm talking about the CO and US codes that now appear on United.com when you mouse over flight details on award bookings.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by Henwurst
I tried to price out CNS-GUM-ROR-GUM-CNS. The flights are listed as available when I put in CNS-GUM-CNS and GUM-ROR-GUM separately, but a search for CNS-ROR-CNS yields nothing on .bomb as opposed to Continental's website where it shows up without a problem. Considering .bomb's track record of finding connections I'm afraid I'll still have to pay the phone booking fee for my future award tickets.
UA does love the Island Hopper

Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K , AA PLAT, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Erasmus
Yes, I am aware of how CO awards work. And yes, I was reporting that I was unable to find any inventory on EWR/DEL despite finding many dates that CO was offering Saver Pass availability (and confirmed by ANA). This was true for both Y and BF.
I tried looking for tickets from EWR - DEL too and nothing seems to come up on .bomb....
Old Jul 5, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Has anyone been successful in fidning any *A MP ticket? Of course, it is impossible to find any UA MP tickets inernationally regardless of *A.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:08 am

Has anyone had luck booking a one-way US award on the UA site? When I try to book, I get the "One-way awards are not available for Star Alliance itineraries online" error. The "air travel awards" page states that one-way awards are available on partners and then it has a little "book online" icon under US. Normally I would think that the message "One-way awards are not available for Star Alliance itineraries online" means "One-way awards are not available for Star Alliance itineraries online," but this is UA so I'm hoping someone here knows a work-around since the award page implies that this is possible.

This is a simple one-way CLT-TPA flight.

Last edited by johnep1; Mar 8, 2011 at 8:16 am
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by johnep1
Has anyone had luck booking a one-way US award on the UA site? When I try to book, I get the "One-way awards are not available for Star Alliance itineraries online" error. The "air travel awards" page states that one-way awards are available on partners and then it has a little "book online" icon under US. Normally I would think that the message "One-way awards are not available for Star Alliance itineraries online" means "One-way awards are not available for Star Alliance itineraries online," but this is UA so I'm hoping someone here knows a work-around since the award page implies that this is possible.

This is a simple one-way CLT-TPA flight.
It would be nice if there is indeed a work-around to book oneway *A award ticket online!

I was told by UA agent that I have to call in for that.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:57 pm

US Air - SJC PHX

I'm investigating using United miles to book SJC PHX on US Air.

At ual.com, logged in, awards, Star Alliance selected, the US Air flights (non-stops) don't display. What shows are the UA one-stops.

I have no status at UA and no points at US.

So, am I correct that to use the miles I have to phone ($25), that awards might be 25K rt, and that I will have to pay for baggage ($50 one bag/rt) or book in first (50K free bag). Or I can book one connection online to save $25 (not a good value!).

(My granddaughter is entering Prescott College this fall, and I'm looking at options to go and visit!)

Sylvia
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Unfortunately Great Lakes flies LAX-PRC, but you can't redeem on Great Lakes (though UA codeshares on it). Of course, that ends on 5/14... so nevermind.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Henwurst
Considering .bomb's track record of finding connections I'm afraid I'll still have to pay the phone booking fee for my future award tickets.
This is one of those areas where a fee is justified but only within a specific context. A phone booking fee exists to discourage people from tying up an agent if the flight can be booked online, but if the flight can't be booked online, then the fee should most definitely not apply, regardless of the passenger's status.

I fear this reasonable logic may not win out, however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.