F 0600 - 20:00
S 0600 - 20:00
S 1100 - 19:00
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Blech
I often fly WN and AA out of DTW. As I don't have *G status, but I do have the UA club card, I imagine I can only get in with a *A BP. What are your thoughts on booking a refundable UA ticket to gain entry? I normally wouldn't book a refundable flight to access a lounge, but here I feel somewhat "entitled".
Not worth the hassle and potential issues w/UA.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
What are your thoughts on booking a refundable UA ticket to gain entry?
Your plan will work, but as JC points out: It is a "hassle".

Is it worth the hassle? Only you can answer that.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Spg Plat, Marriott gold, IHG spire elite, both diamonds
Originally Posted by BigJC
Not worth the hassle and potential issues w/UA.
What hassle would there be? I can probably cancel online and I can use a different bday to avoid potential problems. Is AC a better option?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:33 am

What hassle would there be? I can probably cancel online and I can use a different bday to avoid potential problems. Is AC a better option?
Well, I suppose your best bet would to be to try once and see for yourself. The side you'll be directed to is pretty small with limited food/beverage options - although it's pour you own booze and open beer cooler - with just a single restroom IIRC.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by BigJC
Well, I suppose your best bet would to be to try once and see for yourself. The side you'll be directed to is pretty small with limited food/beverage options - although it's pour you own booze and open beer cooler - with just a single restroom IIRC.
Yeah but in my opinion even the "left side" lounge beats the pants off any domestic UC. DTW is the only airport I try to arrive a bit early for the lounge...

bt
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:59 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I was there last week for the first time in a while, and the food selection had diminished significantly. The drinks selection is still good, with various self serve beers, wines and liquor. The food only consisted of cheese, some fresh bread, pickles and a broccoli salad. Even the United Club has more options.

In the past I remember more options, including soup.

This was early afternoon, but as I was leaving, the lounge was starting to fill with those on the LH flight departure within a few hours.

Last edited by BTA; Jul 9, 2016 at 7:06 am
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by BTA
I was there last week for the fist time in a while, and the food selection had diminished significantly. The drinks selection is still good, with various self serve beers, wines and liquor. The food only consisted of cheese, some fresh bread, pickles and a broccoli salad. Even the United Club has more options.

This was early afternoon, but as I was leaving, the lounge was starting to fill with those on the LH flight departure within a few hours.
Were you on the senator or business side of the lounge?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by BTA
I was there last week for the fist time in a while, and the food selection had diminished significantly. The drinks selection is still good, with various self serve beers, wines and liquor. The food only consisted of cheese, some fresh bread, pickles and a broccoli salad. Even the United Club has more options.

For reference, recently visited this lounge, and the food offerings aren't bad.

Two kinds of soup, multiple hot and cold foods, cheeses, salads, entrees and appetizers. It's not the Frankfurt lounge, but it's certainly better than any UC (including global first UCs). Interior is pretty outdated though. One small tv, and a major lack of outlets.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:12 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Were you on the senator or business side of the lounge?
I went left when facing the desk. That used to be the Senator side, but now I'm not sure. The right side was empty when I arrived, but guests started going there as Frankfurt departure time approached.

Originally Posted by 100% Green
For reference, recently visited this lounge, and the food offerings aren't bad.

Two kinds of soup, multiple hot and cold foods, cheeses, salads, entrees and appetizers. It's not the Frankfurt lounge, but it's certainly better than any UC (including global first UCs). Interior is pretty outdated though. One small tv, and a major lack of outlets.
Not sure why it was so bleak on the day I was that is not typical in my past experiences in this lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Senator side is to the right. At least last time I went about 6 months ago. And it was that way the previous year or so when I went. They don't always open the right side.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Baze
Senator side is to the right. At least last time I went about 6 months ago. And it was that way the previous year or so when I went. They don't always open the right side.
I was there last Fall for a morning weekday flight, and the Senator side on the right was closed.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
LH DTW lounge. Accessible to UC members. ?

I was in DTW last week. Before departing checked the UA app, Lounge Club and Priority Pass. No DTW locations. Upon departure stopped by LH lounge and told as UC member could access. Should that have been noted on UAs app? Of little use now but would like to know. Was not travelling on intl paid ticket. Domestic paid only.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Go there all of the time. Dont know whether access granted as *G or because I am UC member but never had an issue.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: United
If you go to staralliance.com and use the lounge finder, and enter in that you have a paid united club membership then you will see that LH lounge show up
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Should that have been noted on UAs app?
The UA app only shows United Clubs, not partner lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.