Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Business Class and *G Lounge Options in FRA" [Merged] {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Business Class and *G Lounge Options in FRA" [Merged] {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Consolidated "Business Class and *G Lounge Options in FRA" [Merged] {Archive}

I'll be flying UA metal from IAD to FRA in "C" and then flying from there to NRT on NH210, also in "C". My layover in FRA is many hours. What is the recommended lounge to spend my time while waiting for my NH flight. I've heard horror stories about RCC, but believe I will have access to the NH lounge (is that correct?). Also have heard that there are more than one NH lounge available.

BTW, in case it matters, I'm 1P.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Moderator's Note - The current thread may be found here

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 3, 2013 at 5:06 am
Old Nov 21, 2006, 4:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Frankfurt

Are you Star Alliance Gold?
I just flew threw Frankfurt and really enjoyed the Senator lounge in the Domestic terminal.

I think near A26.

Good luck
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:14 am

Programs: oneWorld Sapphire, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Fairmont Permier
The SEN lounge in the A terminal is nice and quiet, but it has a separate security apparatus from the B gates from where your flight departs. And this lounge has frequent problems with the T-Mobile hotspot which the staff cannot address.

Depending on gate assignment you may get a nice view of your flight NH210 being prepared for its evening departure, from the SEN lounge in the B terminal Level 3. This one tends to be a bit more crowded but they do stock good food and drinks and you may just see your bag being loaded. The lounge does thin out after about 6:30 PM.

Lucky you - flying in ANA C is an absolute pleasure. One of the best in the business.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Note that if you don't have *G status, you can only use the LH Business lounges, not the Senator lounges. I don't know what lounge NH contracts at FRA, but I'd guess it is the LH lounges.

You can use any *A C class lounge with your onward C class BP. So, RCC or LH Business lounge is it.

If you have *G status, then the SEN lounges are nice. The one in the A terminal is usually the quietest and they all have roughly the same food/bev. If you have enough time though, you can try them all as long as you don't mind the extra security screenings. I think most of the SEN lounges, if not all, have showers if you want one before continuing on to NRT.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
FRA lounge question

I will be traveling in F (upgraded from paid C) to FRA on 916 next week. I presume that when I arrive in FRA, I can go to the First Class lounge at the RCC. Normally I avoid the RCC in FRA and go to the LH Senator Lounge between flights. Is the First Class lounge at the RCC significantly better than the RCC (which is not much to write home about)? Or should I do as I normally do and head directly to the Senator Lounge?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
How about heading to the LH First Class Lounge?

Not that you're technically entitled to lounge entry upon arrival.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Hilton Silver VIP
Originally Posted by stevenshev

Actually, you're not entitled to LH's First Class lounge if you're flying UA. You'll be able to visit the Arrivals by United Lounge if you want; otherwise, just go to the Senator lounge nearest your next flight--in general, they're better than the RCC.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Head straight to the Senators Lounge like you normally do, no reason to be disappointed.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:00 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
The IFL is much less crowded than the RCC, and quite a bit less crowded than the LH Senator Lounge in B. There are more snacks - I particulary like the quasi-pizza like things. Whether the food is better at the LH Lounge is largely a matter of taste (and time of day).
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:06 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
bring your 1k card, boarding pass with status printed is not enough with the friggin' LH Senator lounge entry jerks.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: UA GS, LH SEN, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
bring your 1k card, boarding pass with status printed is not enough with the friggin' LH Senator lounge entry jerks.
Really? I've never had a problem with them myself... with a C boarding pass especially...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:06 am
Suspended

Need LH metal F for that.

Yes, you are. The Arrivals facility is in the RCC/IFL, and you're entitled access being in F. LH has the same policy for their F pax / F Class Lounge(s).
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:04 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying2Much
Really? I've never had a problem with them myself... with a C boarding pass especially...
to clarify my last time was 1.5 years ago and plenty of denials before that. Is your experience more recent?

--
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
to clarify my last time was 1.5 years ago and plenty of denials before that. Is your experience more recent?

--
I go with Sweet Willie on this. I am generally asked for a BP and a *G card. I know the drill in LH lounges.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by euslaner
I go with Sweet Willie on this. I am generally asked for a BP and a *G card. I know the drill in LH lounges.
I'm definitely asked for one - sometimes you can get through with the boarding pass, sometimes not. I usually have the card, it's just buried somewhere and I hate having to dig it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.