Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Schedule Change Notification Keeps Coming Back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold

So I was checking on a res to which I applied and RPU and the schedule change notification came up. I vaguely remembered accepting it already at some point. Anyway, I accepted it again (couple minutes of change max), but when I log out and log in, it pops up again. I waited about a week, same thing. Two other reservation same thing. The only reason I care is because I don't want to miss an upgrade (I have RPU's applied to all my reservations, because I have too many unused ones). Is it worth a call, or should I just ignore?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
I had a similar situation and after about 6 weeks decided to call in.Agent was able to "clean up the reservation " and I have had no problem since (but still await rpu to clear!!!)
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by fatlasercat
So I was checking on a res to which I applied and RPU and the schedule change notification came up. I vaguely remembered accepting it already at some point. Anyway, I accepted it again (couple minutes of change max), but when I log out and log in, it pops up again. I waited about a week, same thing. Two other reservation same thing. The only reason I care is because I don't want to miss an upgrade (I have RPU's applied to all my reservations, because I have too many unused ones). Is it worth a call, or should I just ignore?
This is likely because the waitlisted segment for the RPU was not updated to the new scheduled time for the flight. So when you 'accept' the change, it doesn't clean up the record appropriately and it leaves old segments in there with old flight numbers/times.

I have one open right now that has this exact problem. It includes an LAX-IAD segment that was confirmed in X and waitlisted for PN. The schedule change not only changed the flight number but also changed the times. Now in the reservation I have a confirmed seat in coach on the new flight number and times but also a waitlisted "can't be confirmed" segment waiting for an upgrade on the old flight numbers and times.

The only way to clean this up is to call an agent who will have to re-list you on the flight using your RPU. Since my flights are still months away and I'm on travel again I haven't called UA yet. It means my upgrade won't process right now if PN opened but I've been waitlisted for 2 months already with no movement and no seats sold on the flight.

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Aug 29, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This happens to me all the time. On the advice of 1KVoice, I always send it to [email protected] and they fix it. Of course, I would wait until next week, I've heard they are a bit busy right now ; )
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
RobonLI has it right. When you accept the schedule change it does not carry through to your wait listed segment so you need to call in and have someone who is real and not a computer fix it for you. As chavala said, unless your flight is in the very near future you might want to wait a week while they deal with the emergency in Houston.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Reservation is out of synch. Not a big deal. They can fix it if you call. Agree with the suggestion you wait until Houston issues have passed.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
This is likely because the waitlisted segment for the RPU was not updated to the new scheduled time for the flight.
That would make sense. At some point when I opened the reservation, only the waitlisted segment had the time highlighted in red indicating a change. But one of the other reservations looked interesting with five! copies of the same segment listed.

The funny part is that I went back to check again in light of your responses and no more schedule change messages. I must have clicked between 3-6 times total to accept. Maybe it finally recorded the acceptance for all the segments (original and waitlisted) or is it possible that they do regular sweeps of out of sync segments and fix them?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
That would make sense. At some point when I opened the reservation, only the waitlisted segment had the time highlighted in red indicating a change. But one of the other reservations looked interesting with five! copies of the same segment listed.

The funny part is that I went back to check again in light of your responses and no more schedule change messages. I must have clicked between 3-6 times total to accept. Maybe it finally recorded the acceptance for all the segments (original and waitlisted) or is it possible that they do regular sweeps of out of sync segments and fix them?
I asked if it would have messed with my UG chances if I hadn't contacted them, and they replied "I don't know. Maybe"
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I had an itinerary for November that had had this problem for a few weeks. I did not bother to call since the trip is far away. Last week I got email that upgrade for a wait-listed segment was cleared. At least in my case it did not affect the chance of upgrade. I called after the email and they refreshed the ticket to fix it. It took 2 minutes.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chavala
I asked if it would have messed with my UG chances if I hadn't contacted them, and they replied "I don't know. Maybe"
Taking advantage of the short break in hurricanes, I called in and got it fixed. Agent said it was due to the upgrade as the waitlisted segment didn't get updated (just as you all said). Also, she couldn't tell if not fixing it would be a problem for the upgrade. Although I am a bit suspicious, because my wife's RPU cleared about a month ago on the same flight, separate booking (We're both 1K and we requested the upgrades within minutes of each other - of course making sure that hers goes first)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.