Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What would have UA done if I reported the man and woman going into lavatory together?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would have UA done if I reported the man and woman going into lavatory together?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by tom911
orange joe and brunette_abroad, welcome to FlyerTalk.
Well now we know what type of posts result in an increase in FT membership!

30 minutes....that's impressive.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Not to throw a wet blanket on all of the speculation, but what if one of the two people has some sort of medical condition that requires periodic assistance from another person (wound care, bags, etc.)? It's not really any of "our" business what went on there, especially since two pax in a lav does not violate the FARs.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
30 minutes....that's impressive.
I'm guessing it took 28 of those minutes just to get into position
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:24 am

For those who say "mind your own business", is there any place where this behavior is *not* appropriate?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
So that's why there wasn't any whipped cream left for the sundaes.
🙏😇✈️
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meh, if no line for the lav I would just let it go. Don't know if it was mile high club, medical need or siamese twins. Who cares. as long as people aren't waiting it doesn't hurt anything.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by mduell
There's two oxygen masks so no safety issue, just inconvenience to other pax if there's a line.
Unless the TSA reversed course and I missed it, there are now zero oxygen masks in lavatories. Apparently the oxygen generators in the lavs posed a security risk.

Edit: Oh, I missed that it was a 777, which has bottled oxygen rather than generators. Never mind!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:21 am

Good for them. Hope they enjoyed whatever they did. And, by the way, nobody really knows what they did, no? And who should care?

A couple of months ago there was another thread, where a poster was writing about someone stealing two gel pillows and nobody reported it. That was way more serious.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Good for them. Hope they enjoyed whatever they did. And, by the way, nobody really knows what they did, no? And who should care?

A couple of months ago there was another thread, where a poster was writing about someone stealing two gel pillows and nobody reported it. That was way more serious.
Uhh, no, pillows are not more serious than sex in lavatory. Do that at home.

Imagine a line of people at the door. They knock get no answer so they wait in another line. Maybe if enough people knock and FA notices, they might find out. It's rude to take up a lavatory for more than 10 or 15 minutes.

And no, don't go back and do it at your seat. I don't want to hear it or see it.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
I was sitting aisle F bulkhead on a night AA flight earlier this year CLT-MCO. Watched a relatively cute (early 40's) FA go in cockpit with both pilots for a few min then one pilot comes out and hangs in galley for about 10 min. Then she comes out and other pilot goes back in cockpit. She was probably just assisting the Captain or FO with a bandage or something. When she came out she went into lav to presumably wash her hands. I was only annoyed because the other FA that came up refused to serve me another drink until after they switched places. Slightly different but I was mostly jealous.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by zitsky
For those who say "mind your own business", is there any place where this behavior is *not* appropriate?
What behavior? What did they do?

You really have no solid information on what actually happened in the lav and there are many possible scenarios that are legitimate and have nothing to do with sex. My sister in law recently had surgery that created a significant wound on her back. Every few hours her husband needs to clean the wound and re-dress it. She cannot do this herself and it takes 20 to 30 minutes for him to accomplish. From all outward appearances you'd never know that she has a wound or that she needs assistance. What if she and her husband went to the lav on a 777 for 20-30 minutes? Would that "behavior" be "appropriate"?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
I was sitting aisle F bulkhead on a night AA flight earlier this year CLT-MCO. Watched a relatively cute (early 40's) FA go in cockpit with both pilots for a few min then one pilot comes out and hangs in galley for about 10 min. Then she comes out and other pilot goes back in cockpit. She was probably just assisting the Captain or FO with a bandage or something. When she came out she went into lav to presumably wash her hands. I was only annoyed because the other FA that came up refused to serve me another drink until after they switched places. Slightly different but I was mostly jealous.
Somebody's letting their imagination get the better of themselves...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Somebody's letting their imagination get the better of themselves...
Imagination? It went down as described.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Imagination? It went down as described.
So what were you "mostly jealous" about?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by WalterSFO
I think I was probably just jealous. The man was at least 25 years old than the hot woman. In fact, they looked like a nerdy college professor and his female student, based on the way they were dressed. That's why the thought of reporting it to the FA even came across my mind.
👍

Glad you didnt rat them out. Karma will find some way to take care of you. 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.