Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Gulf Coast Tropical Weather (June 21-22, 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by DELee
Airports:
  • Alexandria, LA (AEX)
  • Baton Rouge, LA (BTR)
  • Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
  • Gulfport, MS (GPT)
  • Lafayette, LA (LFT)
  • Lake Charles, LA (LCH)
  • Mobile, AL (MOB)
  • New Orleans, LA (MSY)
  • Panama City, FL (ECP)
  • Pensacola, FL (PNS)
  • ​​​​​​​​​​​
Rebook by June 25, 2017.

Waiver: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eptionPolicies

David
Updated airport list
Alexandria, LA (AEX)
Baton Rouge, LA (BTR)
Beaumont/Port Arthur, TX (BPT)
Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Gulfport, MS (GPT)
Houston, TX (IAH)
Lafayette, LA (LFT)
Lake Charles, LA (LCH)
Mobile, AL (MOB)
New Orleans, LA (MSY)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
  • Alexandria, LA (AEX)
  • Baton Rouge, LA (BTR)
  • Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
  • Gulfport, MS (GPT)
  • Lafayette, LA (LFT)
  • Lake Charles, LA (LCH)
  • Mobile, AL (MOB)
  • New Orleans, LA (MSY)
  • Panama City, FL (ECP)
  • Pensacola, FL (PNS)
  • ​​​​​​​​​​​
Rebook by June 25, 2017.

Waiver: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...eptionPolicies

David
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:33 pm

Kind of interesting with no IAH.

Houston now under Tropical Storm Warning and will get TS strength winds tomorrow night.

Although UA will likely get off pretty easy since most of the storm will pass through overnight.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
was thinking the same thing - no IAH. i called the 1k line and they have no sense of whether or not it will be added. i guess my strategy will be to book mileage seats on every flight to my destination wednesday evening and all day thursday and friday morning to make sure i get to where i'm going.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Waiting for IAH to be added as well. Supposed to be flying AUS-IAH-BZE on Thursday and would like to get out a day earlier if possible. Going to try to SDC to a Wednesday night AUS-IAH and keep Thursday IAH-BZE, but would like to just get out tomorrow if possible. Can't believe it hasn't been added now that there's a TS warning for the Houston area.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by wcalvert
Kind of interesting with no IAH.

Houston now under Tropical Storm Warning and will get TS strength winds tomorrow night.

Although UA will likely get off pretty easy since most of the storm will pass through overnight.
Originally Posted by mc0107
was thinking the same thing - no IAH. i called the 1k line and they have no sense of whether or not it will be added. i guess my strategy will be to book mileage seats on every flight to my destination wednesday evening and all day thursday and friday morning to make sure i get to where i'm going.
Originally Posted by timezone_trooper
Waiting for IAH to be added as well. Supposed to be flying AUS-IAH-BZE on Thursday and would like to get out a day earlier if possible. Going to try to SDC to a Wednesday night AUS-IAH and keep Thursday IAH-BZE, but would like to just get out tomorrow if possible. Can't believe it hasn't been added now that there's a TS warning for the Houston area.
UACO may be playing a game of chicken. It sure as heck doesn't want to pay (i.e. make no fees for flight rebooking changes) for the large number of rebookings out of IAH.

However, if TS Cindy does what y'all fear, UACO operations and reservation staff will likely have their hands full, IAH waiver or not.

David
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mc0107
FYI: If UA happens to notice this, they may decide to cancel any or all of those tickets.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DELee
UACO may be playing a game of chicken.
I think they lucked out with IAH; Cindy is projected on a more northerly path now. I hope it stays that way.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:38 am

Spirit now has an IAH waiver in place for today and tomorrow.

No Southwest waiver for now.

Just checked all of the other airlines.

JB has a waiver 6/21 and 6/22.
DL 6/22 and 6/23
AA 6/22
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: UA
Shoot. IAH now on the list.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
After seeing a weather update at around 9pm yesterday, I called UA to see if I could change my Thursday 6/22 ticket. IAH was not yet on the list, but the highly competent phone agent was able to change my ticket from XXX-IAH-SFO to XXX-ORD-SFO. The agent was able to transfer the RPU from IAH-SFO to my new ORD-SFO segment. ^ to the phone agent.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:50 am

As mentioned above, Southwest and UA both have waivers for 6/21 and 6/22.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:54 pm

One data point, one question:

Data point is that I'm flying from EWR to AUS tomorrow evening, called to see whether they had any intel on likelihood of delay or cancellation due to the storm being forecast directly in my flight path, and they said no, but that if it looked like an issue as I got closer, they could change my (award) ticket without any charge, even if neither starting or ending airport is actually on the waiver list.

(selfish) Question is whether an evening flight tomorrow with this path https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...050Z/KEWR/KAUS is likely to be cancelled or significantly delayed (on a 737-8) in the expert opinion of the board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.