Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MSY: United Agent Cancels Man's Trip For Taping Argument

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSY: United Agent Cancels Man's Trip For Taping Argument

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
Taping photographing in many countries is illegal
So are Bibles. What's your point?
Old May 12, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by Kevin AA
So are Bibles. What's your point?
My point is that there are many comments in the thread on the rights and wrongs of taping/recording such events.I was merely pointing that in some countries capturing images of the general public without their permission is an illegal act
Old May 12, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
My point is that there are many comments in the thread on the rights and wrongs of taping/recording such events.I was merely pointing that in some countries capturing images of the general public without their permission is an illegal act
What relevance does this have if MSY/NOLA/LA/US isn't one of those countries?
Old May 12, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
What relevance does this have if MSY/NOLA/LA/US isn't one of those countries?
Well it not beyond the bounds of possibility for it to be a state law,it was a general comment around the issue of recording people in public and not everywhere is it acceptable
Old May 16, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Well it not beyond the bounds of possibility for it to be a state law,it was a general comment around the issue of recording people in public and not everywhere is it acceptable
United's leased space at MSY is not "public" in that UA can set the rules within said space, including prohibiting photography or videography.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:46 am
zlc

Originally Posted by zombietooth
United's leased space at MSY is not "public" in that UA can set the rules within said space, including prohibiting photography or videography.
Can a street ventor prohibit people from taking photo of his hot dog stand?
Old May 17, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by zlc
Can a street ventor prohibit people from taking photo of his hot dog stand?
If the vendor has an actual vendor's permit and license from the city, yes.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
If the vendor has an actual vendor's permit and license from the city, yes.
This is complete nonsense. A street vendor with a license to operate on a public street has no legal right to prevent someone from photographing her activities occurring in a public space. It's no different than anyone else doing things in public; being licensed and/or permitted to do such things in public is irrelevant.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
This is complete nonsense. A street vendor with a license to operate on a public street has no legal right to prevent someone from photographing her activities occurring in a public space. It's no different than anyone else doing things in public; being licensed and/or permitted to do such things in public is irrelevant.
I have clients exhibiting at the Bank of America Winter Village in Bryant Park behind the New York Public Library every year. They are allowed to prohibit photography/videography of their exhibit space and can request police intervention for non-compliant individuals.

See here:

http://urbanspacenyc.com/holiday-shops-bryant-park/
Old May 17, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I have clients exhibiting at the Bank of America Winter Village in Bryant Park behind the New York Public Library every year. They are allowed to prohibit photography/videography of their exhibit space and can request police intervention for non-compliant individuals.

See here:

http://urbanspacenyc.com/holiday-shops-bryant-park/
I've been there. It's a public park and I don't see how any photography ban could be upheld.

/shrug

I still fail to see how this relates to a public area of an airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.