Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Giant Bunny dies on UA flight...and it's not April 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler

Just when it can't get much worse for UA, the now have a possible bunnycide on their hands.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/one-of-...united-flight/
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Does every salacious NY Post article really need its own thread? Mod's, how about putting this one here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...g-pets-ua.html
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Does every salacious NY Post article really need its own thread? Mod's, how about putting this one here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...g-pets-ua.html
How about "Consolidated: People and Animals Killed or Beaten by United Airlines" thread

But seriously, its news, because everything involving "re-accomidation" (here to the afterlife) and United is news...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Large rabbits: not known for being particularly healthy.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:15 pm

I just did a quick search on "Bunny dies on United" and it hilarious how many news outlets have picked up this article. Mostly all are a mashup of the NY Post article with the obligatory paragraph rehashing the Dao incident.

What I find silly in all of these articles is there is no TIME listed for this bunnycide. Not one article lists the pertinent details as to when this bunny met it's demise. Was it today, yesterday, last week, last month or last year?? Pathetic reporting being parroted from news outlet to news outlet.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
"Giant rabbits are known to cost more than $6,000 a month to keep, the Sun reports."

Excuse me, what?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

The story was just on the 11 PM local news with the picture of a woman holding a large rabbit. The story was like United has more problems.

I had just read this thread cracking up, thinking it would hit no other news outlet, and the story hits my local Florida TV station.

ps - Another news story about Catherine the Great White Shark in the area. They can send that large rabbit to Florida to feed Catherine.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:29 pm

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourna...board-u-s.html

Interesting article on transporting pets on aircraft. Actually has some pertinent information about several airlines programs including UA. I was suprised that WN will not even transport pets in the cargo hold. Also interesting that some airlines will not transport certain breeds of dogs known to have respiratory problems. Wonder if oversized rabbits are prone to respiratory problems?

66 deaths out of over 2 million transports (across a 2 year span). UA is probably wondering why this bunny picked now to kick the bucket
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:39 pm

TIL there are giant 3ft long rabbits.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
I just did a quick search on "Bunny dies on United" and it hilarious how many news outlets have picked up this article. Mostly all are a mashup of the NY Post article with the obligatory paragraph rehashing the Dao incident.

What I find silly in all of these articles is there is no TIME listed for this bunnycide. Not one article lists the pertinent details as to when this bunny met it's demise. Was it today, yesterday, last week, last month or last year?? Pathetic reporting being parroted from news outlet to news outlet.
Any work on the emergency response to the bunny becoming ill or was it a sudden death? Does United have an SOP for bunny emergencies? Did catering provide an appropriate meal of bunny-chow?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Did catering provide an appropriate meal of bunny-chow?
My guess is they fed him an economy meal, which explains his untimely demise....
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Oof, is the breed actually called a "Continental Giant"?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by hughw
Just when it can't get much worse for UA, the now have a possible bunnycide on their hands.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/one-of-...united-flight/
We all cope with hare loss differently
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:32 pm

Starting May 1st...Wabbit Stew on select Pol-hare-is flights !
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Oof, is the breed actually called a "Continental Giant"?
It is, so obviously it was on the wrong airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.