Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What do you want to know about the new 77W??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

On Monday afternoon [13 Feb 17] United is running a media/promo flight of the new 77W from ORD to SFO. This is the first opportunity for regular folks to get on board and explore the plane tip-to-tail. I got invited to attend meaning I can hopefully get answers to questions about the cabin layouts and such based on what's actually flying.

So, what do you want to know??
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
1) How bad are the seat stanchions in the middle 4 seats.
2) Recognizing most seats are the same, scout out any seats in E+/E- that might be a little better (less bad) - e.g., bulkhead, exit row, no windows, etc.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: UA GS
- Footwell size between different Polaris seats.

- Seat width differences between different Polaris seats.

- How close the bathroom and galley is to the row 9 window seats.

Thanks sbm12, what a great opportunity!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
See if you can get more fidelity on when the EWR and SFO Polaris Lounge redesigns will actually begin? Something more specific than has been published in the past. Seems weird that in March they could have the first true Polaris flight from SFO-HKG w/o the new lounge
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Given I was at the private event, I am most interested in:

-trying out the window seats (I am pretty sure the seat that is next to the window / doesn't angle out is best, but would like confirmation)

-understanding what the non-bulkhead footwell for the D/G seats that are closer together (not angled out) are like

-is there enough space in any of the front-cabin bathrooms to comfortably change into pajamas

-trying out the 10-abreast seats in steerage and what the IFE system there is like
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Pics please! Curious about the middle J seats, hows the little wheel work to move the seat gimmicky or solid feel? As above, footwell size in different seats, and how about those 2 Y seats in the rear (rows 50/51, like the 747, good seats, any extra space around them), curtains around J, slim see through, or heavier, blocking light from galleys?

Safe travels!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Plenty of pics, please.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Polaris cabin:

What's the full-width (i.e section >90% of the advertised width) length of the bed?
Is the bed closer to flat to the floor (like IPTE) or still a bit angled (like LFBF)?
Which table configuration (behind your shoulder or beyond your knees) is more convenient?
What's the minimum width of the aisles?
Where's the headphone jack? How well does it fit standard (i.e. non-supplied) headphones? Is there any buzzing? How well are PA audio levels matched to video content audio levels?
Where's the 110V outlet? How well do heavy plugs (e.g. non-corded MacBook Pro power adapters) stay in it?

Cattle cabin:

Where are the light/call button/other controls? How prone are they to the 772-Domestic disco party?
What's the minimum width of the aisles?
Where's the headphone jack? How well does it fit standard (i.e. non-supplied) headphones? Is there any buzzing? How well are PA audio levels matched to video content audio levels?
Where's the 110V outlet? How well do heavy plugs (e.g. non-corded MacBook Pro power adapters) stay in it?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Air nozzles or not?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Channel 9 / From the Flight Deck??????
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it have a new plane smell?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Does it have a new plane smell?
And how does the new plane smell compare to a new car smell?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are the 77W FA's nicer?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by wxguy
Channel 9 / From the Flight Deck??????
this is the only thing that matters to me.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
How is the shoulder space for window seats in Y?
On the 787 I found the seat is pressed so tightly against the side wall that my shoulder presses into the sidewall as well (I'm linebacker build). I can't sit in window seats in Y on the 787 and am concerned the same will be true on the 77W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.