Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Identical Itineraries Different Flight Numbers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am looking at flying IAD-ACC and among the results .bomb is returning are 2 identical itineraries, IAD-BRU-ACC, with IAD on UA and BRU-ACC on SN. The difference between the two being one itinerary has all UA flight numbers and the other has a SN flight number for BRU-ACC. I don't recall ever seeing this before. Is this something new?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
... The difference between the two being one itinerary has all UA flight numbers and the other has a SN flight number for BRU-ACC. I don't recall ever seeing this before. Is this something new?
Are they pricing the same?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
I am looking at flying IAD-ACC and among the results .bomb is returning are 2 identical itineraries, IAD-BRU-ACC, with IAD on UA and BRU-ACC on SN. The difference between the two being one itinerary has all UA flight numbers and the other has a SN flight number for BRU-ACC. I don't recall ever seeing this before. Is this something new?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Have seen this before on TPACs with an NH sector where it's (IIRC) ~$4 or so cheaper to ticket on the UA codeshare on NH as compared to the native NH numbers...
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think this is anything new. I remembering seeing this before.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Business is but economy is more than 3X more expensive for the UA flight numbers.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Business is but economy is more than 3X more expensive for the UA flight numbers.
I'd recommend not buying the UA flight numbers then.

UA codeshares on many partner flights. And will sell you either option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.