Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk Awards 2017 United Airlines Mileage Plus benefits nominations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: In 2016, what was the best benefit of United Airlines Mileage Plus?
Domestic complimentary upgrade program for all Premier members
9.03%
Regional Premier for Premier Platinum and above and Global Premier Upgrades for 1K/GS
16.67%
EconomyPlus for up to 8 companions on same itinerary for Premier Platinum and above
4.17%
Several co-branded Chase cards allow for upgrades on award tickets.
0.69%
Lounge access for Premier Gold Elite members and above when traveling internationally.
12.50%
Million Miler Status spouse/SO status match
14.58%
Complimentary access to Economy Plus for all Premier members
38.89%
I nominate a different benefit – see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION IN THE THREAD BELOW)
3.47%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 3:32 pm
Administrator
Original Poster

Programs: Internet Brands

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2017 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 13, 2016 at 12 noon Pacific time.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 17, 2017.

(Click here to see information about the Awards.)

Report a problem with this poll here.

Last edited by IBJoel; Dec 2, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
i'll suggest free SDC as an option. upgrades are getting so rare now, even with instruments.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
How about billing the new Excursionist Perk as a program :-:enhancement:-: as they did away with stopovers and the ability to choose your own award routing?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'll go ahead and nominate "500-mile minimum PQM earning for all Premier members on all paid journeys".
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
It seems to be a sad list compared to years past. Nevertheless, it is what it is.

On the surface all of the suggestions are good ones, but most are not guaranteed. So even though one has the benefit, one does not often get to use it due to: rules, fare paid, lists of other eligible flyers, availability, etc.

I would probably vote for Economy Plus for Premier. I also like Star Lounge access for Gold. While I do not use it often, I can usually get that benefit when needed.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
2Free bags 70# for gold, 3 for silver
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
I would nominate: Good awards availability with Star Alliance partners, with few fuel surcharges.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The second choice above is missing the word "upgrades" and, n doubt, should read "Regional Premier upgrades for Premier Platinum and above and Global Premier Upgrades for 1K/GS"
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
SDC all the way for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.