Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

EWR United Club - A Gates - Closed 29 Aug 2016 for remodel - reopening 12 Feb 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR United Club - A Gates - Closed 29 Aug 2016 for remodel - reopening 12 Feb 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by EWR764
A construction delay (if even one at all)? At a Port Authority facility? In New Jersey? Unfathomable!!

Inconceivable!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I hate this airport.
I vacillate on my feelings for this airport. For instance, I don't understand why they didn't fix the clubs a couple years ago, since so much traffic was moving there from JFK. The clubs still have many of the pmCO architecture, and are horribly crowded during the busy times. Maybe they wanted to encourage people to use the many, many new restaurants that are where the moving walkways used to be.

On the other hand, the new food options in the concourses are better, even though I have to pay for them. And I like visiting the Tumi and L'Occitane stores.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
I vacillate on my feelings for this airport. For instance, I don't understand why they didn't fix the clubs a couple years ago, since so much traffic was moving there from JFK. The clubs still have many of the pmCO architecture, and are horribly crowded during the busy times. Maybe they wanted to encourage people to use the many, many new restaurants that are where the moving walkways used to be.

On the other hand, the new food options in the concourses are better, even though I have to pay for them. And I like visiting the Tumi and L'Occitane stores.
I never leave the Tumi store without spending money.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: United MP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
EWR Terminal A United Club

Mods - i assume this is in a thread somewhere but couldn't find after searching. Does anyone know if the Terminal A United club at EWR has reopened? Online it says the club is closed, i called the United Club contact number and they say they "dont currently show it as being not open".

Which is correct?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not currently open.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 12, 2017 at 8:20 am Reason: Cleanup after merge;thanks for the link
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No reason to call as UA maintains up-to-date information online. The EWR-A UC shows as "Closed". Here is the link for those who want to check any UC at any time:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Last I heard is a Presidents' Week target for reopening. Haven't gotten a good look inside from the AirTrain, but I believe it is a significant renovation.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by EWR764
Last I heard is a Presidents' Week target for reopening. Haven't gotten a good look inside from the AirTrain, but I believe it is a significant renovation.
Well, President's Week is at an end and UA.com still indicates A club is closed.

I have the misfortune of travelling to EWR A gates next week. Was hoping at least the Club would be back open.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:35 am

Well, President's Week is at an end and UA.com still indicates A club is closed.

I have the misfortune of travelling to EWR A gates next week. Was hoping at least the Club would be back open.
President's week, I think, starts February 20 this year.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
President's week, I think, starts February 20 this year.
D'oh. Yep, my bad.

I was thinking of MLK day.

Posting before coffee...bad idea. LOL
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
D'oh. Yep, my bad.

I was thinking of MLK day.

Posting before coffee...bad idea. LOL
Not to worry, I'm sure you'll be able to repost verbatim after Feb 20th comes and goes.

I Seriously HATE Terminal A. I actually kinda liked the club there. I always enjoyed grabbing a quick shower after a BOM-EWR flight prior to boarding Barbie's dream-jet to CLE.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I Seriously HATE Terminal A. I actually kinda liked the club there. I always enjoyed grabbing a quick shower after a BOM-EWR flight prior to boarding Barbie's dream-jet to CLE.
Sadly, I'd be willing to bet that the showers will n longer be there after the remodel.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Sadly, I'd be willing to bet that the showers will n longer be there after the remodel.
^... which really is .
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LordHamster
Not to worry, I'm sure you'll be able to repost verbatim after Feb 20th comes and goes.

I liked the previous club as well. Staff was pretty good, it was rarely over-crowded. I will be shocked if the shower remains, which is really a pity.

I seriously hate all of EWR...but the lack of a club at A is just salt in the wound.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I liked the previous club as well. Staff was pretty good, it was rarely over-crowded. I will be shocked if the shower remains, which is really a pity.

I seriously hate all of EWR...but the lack of a club at A is just salt in the wound.
FWIW, I'm betting that the shower access at terminal C goes away too -- for all but Polaris customers -- once the remodeling is done ver there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.