Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Last time you saw this few passengers on SFO-DEN (or any hub-hub for that matter)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last time you saw this few passengers on SFO-DEN (or any hub-hub for that matter)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC

F is booked 6/24 with 7 on the upgrade list...
Y is booked 16/189. Nonrevs clearing now...

Wow, what an empty flight...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Everybody from DEN has already gotten to SFO -- for the pre-game activities
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I was one of two to board in zone 1, and I think nearly everyone in F has an empty seat next to them. This is awesome !
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Saturday pm flights, and the airport terminal for that matter, often give me a strange, fuzzy feeling that I can't exactly describe because of how empty, quiet, and relaxed they are.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Saturday pm flights, and the airport terminal for that matter, often give me a strange, fuzzy feeling that I can't exactly describe because of how empty, quiet, and relaxed they are.
Totally agree, but today is particularly so, likely because of this "super bowl" that I keep hearing about. It almost made the ONT-SFO CR2 flight feel luxurious (again, most had their own row, and rows 1-4 were empty for weight and balance). Idealize why it isn't this way all of the time, but it really makes you notice how crazy flying can be on other days of the week.

To make it even better, one of the FAs just said "hey, there are even some Panthers fans!", which got roughly the expected and appropriate response. It's going to be a fun flight...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 6, 2016 at 8:23 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Saturday is really a unique day for flying. DCA at 5 pm is my example--the concourse becomes so deserted that it might as well have been built entirely for me . Sure beats flying on the first flight Monday morning. Safe travels!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saw fewer on a flight shortly after 9/11. There were I think 8 of us total on the plane, a 757. They put us all into F (only 1 was actually paid in F) and gave us F meals and drinks etc. Was basically a little party onboard with the economy FA's working up front too. Imaging 4 FA's and 8 passengers? Service was great.

Last edited by Baze; Feb 6, 2016 at 9:36 pm Reason: fixed weird autocorrect
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Given that the OP failed to mention which flight it actually was, this appears to have been UA1028 SFO-DEN, Feb 6. 5:50PM departure.

However there normally isn't a 5:50pm departure SFO-DEN on a Saturday.

This is either a rescheduled flight due to a cancellation, or it's an extra segment to reposition an aircraft after an extra flight into SFO due to the superbowl. (My money is on the latter, especially given that was also an extra DEN-SFO flight today)

Either way, hardly unusual for a flight like this to be so empty - especially given that it may well have only been added to the schedule recently.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by docbert
Given that the OP failed to mention which flight it actually was, this appears to have been UA1028 SFO-DEN, Feb 6. 5:50PM departure.
That's the one. Very well could have been a reposition, but the aircraft came in from Houston pretty well loaded up. It was definitely not a DEN-SFO-DEN turn. It's also been on the schedule for a while, as I've been looking to get home early since Tuesday and have been eyeing this flight since then.

Also could be that this is one of the birds that they're going to put in DEN-DCA eventually...
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Yes, post 9/11 I was on a lot of very empty flights, especially that first Sunday they were flying again. EWR to ORD with about 10 others...it was pretty erie back then to be flying.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

The 610 am las-SFO flight on a Sunday is always a ghost town. Low bookings plus still drunk pax equals a very empty plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.