Wiki Posts
Search

UA Club House Rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium/LT Gold
UA Club House Rules

I'm hardly a snob, but looks like the B42 Denver club here has turned into an Outback Steakhouse - no rules, just right.

http://i.imgur.com/27N56Iy.jpg

Glad I pay for a full membership. Stay classy, United.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcp1
I'm hardly a snob, but looks like the B42 Denver club here has turned into an Outback Steakhouse - no rules, just right.

http://i.imgur.com/27N56Iy.jpg

Glad I pay for a full membership. Stay classy, United.
I have less of an issue with dress than with him putting his feet, sans shoes, on the chair. That's just disgusting...hope they fumigated it after he woke up and wandered off to his flight.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Went off for his flight? He's still there, as I write this, drooling all over the carpet and rubbing his socks all over the chair. He's been rolling around on the floor for the last 30 minutes and no employee has even noticed.

Mentioned it to staff walking by and she just nodded and walked off.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:06 pm

Maybe he's drunk! Kick him outta there!
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Perhaps he has lapsed into an absence-of-salami coma. It could happen.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
It is courteous of you to exclude his face in your photo. My hats off to you for including on-line courtesy in a post dedicated to demonstrating the lack of it in our fellow travelers.

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
This is great; I can't help but laugh. He probably has a two hour layover. I bet he gets home and tells all of his friends about that one time he had to "sleep" at the airport.

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
Pretty funny.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlined
It is courteous of you to exclude his face in your photo. My hats off to you for including on-line courtesy in a post dedicated to demonstrating the lack of it in our fellow travelers.
Well, I mean I wouldn't want to embarrass him. 😜
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

I'm not seeing too many delays here in DEN today. My flight is an hour delayed - I'm curious to see if he's on it.

I'm bet it's a typical clueless traveler who thinks he's the only person in the world.

I made the post because this isn't the first time I've seen people treating the club like a youth hostel - and I've been yelled at for bringing a Starbucks in from outside.

The clubs clearly have a rule about no feet on the furniture - for a reason. It's unsanitary and disgusting.

I thought I was paying for a place that's a little different from the concourse. SHARES and UA be dammed, I don't see what United's inefficiencies and lack of service have to do with a self-centered traveler being uncourteous to other travelers.

I fly more than a little; I've had my share of problems and delays. However I've never resorted to taking off articles of clothing and treating the UA club or even the concourse like my own personal nap room.

This photo was taken at 530 in the afternoon, not at 3AM.

Tired? Sit up like a grown up and nap in your chair. Don't take up FOUR seats and sprawl out in only a t-shirt and socks at a peak club hour.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:04 pm Reason: Quote/response of deleted post deleted
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:08 pm

Badly run club to allow that. I've seen people asked to remove feet from the coffee tables, much less.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
I suspect he is not connecting from the Middle East or Thailand.
Might earn him some extra "club" benefits, especially in Saudi.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: Won Kay
Maybe if UA put resting lounges in their clubs instead of chairs obviously intended to prevent people from sleeping in them, this sort of stuff wouldn't happen.

FCS, in the Senator Lounge at FRA, they beds to rest on.

And let's be honest. He's not barefoot. There is as much cotton material between his feet and the seat cushion as there is between your bum and the seat cushion. And at least he's not passing gas between his toes, LOL.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:17 pm

You should post this on the UA Twitter account. Prop your feet up friendly
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I still get a good chuckle when I remind myself of the exemplary behavior recently observed by a fellow FTer in DL's LAX Sky Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.