Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Email From UA Requesting Action and Non-Fillable Form After Lost Luggage Situation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email From UA Requesting Action and Non-Fillable Form After Lost Luggage Situation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Turkish

I really did not think it was possible but United is even stupider and more arrogant than I thought.

Ok United lost a suitcase , that happens and that is on the lost baggage thread.

but having lost the bag they send out emails demanding
Delayed baggage status – Action required

Action required? like i am a subordinate?

The action required is to print out and fill in by hand a lost property form. UNITED is too stupid backward and arrogant to Create an electronic form you can fill in on line, print out, sign and mail in.

Which means they are Dumber than the Post office.

I presume they put in on a Ford trimotor and then a donkey takes it to a man with a quill pen who adjusts his pinc-nez and green eye shade.

Unfreakinbelievable

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 8, 2015 at 7:29 pm Reason: original title was inflammatory and not indicative of the thread content
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM
It's probably not "required" if you don't want your bag or compensation. Maybe you should call them up and point this out to them.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:03 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I guess they could use some improvement in the way they phrase it. But still doesn't change the fact that you now have to do something to tell them the details. What would the alternative be, that they somehow sense that you've lost your bag?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
OP, I guess you missed the telegram option....
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by TA
I guess they could use some improvement in the way they phrase it. But still doesn't change the fact that you now have to do something to tell them the details. What would the alternative be, that they somehow sense that you've lost your bag?
I think the OP's point is that UA still requires a handwritten paper form mailed in by snail mail rather than an electronic claim form and procedure.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:11 pm

The term "action required" is very common.

If everyone who uses that term is stupid and arrogant, then, there's a lot of stupidity and arrogance in the world.

Oh, wait, we may be on to something here ...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
I think the OP's point is that UA still requires a handwritten paper form mailed in by snail mail rather than an electronic claim form and procedure.
Wonder how the OP likes having to mail in those paper AA vouchers and call in to use the credit for a canceled flight, both things that with UA can be done online. This has to be one of the more ridiculous rants that I've seen on FT in a while.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
It's really just as simple as let's make this as difficult for the customer as possible in the hope that they will just think that it is not worth it to go to the effort. For those who do follow through, United will probably ignore the first attempt leaving you to wait for a month without reply, then make you do it all over again. Then they will deny your claim on the basis of something that probably isn't true. Only after several rounds of you fighting hard will you get anywhere at all
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by morelegroom
I really did not think it was possible but United is even stupider and more arrogant than I thought.

Ok United lost a suitcase , that happens and that is on the lost baggage thread.

but having lost the bag they send out emails demanding
Delayed baggage status – Action required

Action required? like i am a subordinate?

The action required is to print out and fill in by hand a lost property form. UNITED is too stupid backward and arrogant to Create an electronic form you can fill in on line, print out, sign and mail in.

Which means they are Dumber than the Post office.

I presume they put in on a Ford trimotor and then a donkey takes it to a man with a quill pen who adjusts his pinc-nez and green eye shade.

Unfreakinbelievable
Can we move this to the "Most trivial complaints" thread?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
It's really just as simple as let's make this as difficult for the customer as possible in the hope that they will just think that it is not worth it to go to the effort. For those who do follow through, United will probably ignore the first attempt leaving you to wait for a month without reply, then make you do it all over again. Then they will deny your claim on the basis of something that probably isn't true. Only after several rounds of you fighting hard will you get anywhere at all

Bingo.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
OP, I guess you missed the telegram option....
I think Morse Code is also available..
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA executive platinum, United premier gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TA

Maybe I'm missing something here, but when you're bag doesn't arrive on the carousel, don't you usuallyfile the claim right then and there are the airport?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
I have a question... Didn't UA copy DL with the ability to track your bag and file a complaint, all online and in one easy, computerized step? I mean, UA copies DL on most everything else, I figured that they must have copied this idea as well...

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 8, 2015 at 7:34 pm Reason: off topic content removed
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
^

Don't fly united, don't check bags. They used to charge me $75 for every last minute award fee when I had the United Club card, was at least 20 min and waiting weeks for a refund each time. Ridiculous. I now only wish AA had such a card with no last minute fees. United miles were all burned prior last devaluation. Ana and Singapore have proven more useful since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moops380
^

Don't fly united, don't check bags. They used to charge me $75 for every last minute award fee when I had the United Club card, was at least 20 min and waiting weeks for a refund each time. Ridiculous. I now only wish AA had such a card with no last minute fees. United miles were all burned prior last devaluation. Ana and Singapore have proven more useful since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
I love the way people just say "don't check bags". That's not always an option for people. I go for 10 days at a time and have things that have to be checked. So far (knock on wood) I have not had a problem with my checked bags in 18 years flying UA. Sure, bag been delayed a few times, but that's it (knock on wood again).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.