Question about connecting flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua
Question about connecting flight

I book flight from EZE to ICN.
EZE-IAH-LAX-NRT-ICN

At IAH, I only have 1hr 40mins connecting time. I should pass immigration office at IAH.
And then, at LAX, I only have I hr 46mins connecting time.

All ticket is UA issued ticket. So, I do not concern baggage.
But I wonder that I have enough time for taking next flight at IAH and LAX.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
1h40 is not fun, but doable with IAH - due to the "one-stop" lanes now.

1h46 in LAX from a domestic flight is fine.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
If I recall, its a pretty long walk in IAH to immigration. I think you need to collect your baggage then recheck it. rechecking is no issue, but you have to wait for your bag. Then it depends which gate your IAH-LAX is departing from, may need to walk all the way back. Do you have GE and/or TSA-pre? That will help
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nicepjw
So, I do not concern baggage.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but OP WILL need to collect his bag and re-check it for the LAX-NRT-ICN portion of the trip. This makes the connection a light tougher. OP, will EZE-IAH-SFO-ICN work? and welcome to FT ^
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Madone59
Someone correct me if I am wrong but OP WILL need to collect his bag and re-check it for the LAX-NRT-ICN portion of the trip. This makes the connection a light tougher. OP, will EZE-IAH-SFO-ICN work? and welcome to FT ^
I believe he only needs to collect it in IAH (first port of entry into US). Then recheck when exiting the inspection area. Then it should be checked thru to his destination. The IAH connection is the only one I'd worry about, but its doable.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by eng3
Do you have GE and/or TSA-pre? That will help
No Precheck when going through security at IAH out of immigration. Heck, not even Premier Access lanes
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by gusd
No Precheck when going through security at IAH out of immigration. Heck, not even Premier Access lanes
Last time (August I think), I remember coming out of GE. There was a guy with a tablet with an arrow that randomly assigned you to the left or right lane. Then you went up an escalator. Once I got up there I inquired about TSA-pre. They said that the guy should have checked me. They got a scanner to verify, then put me in the TSA-pre line. Didnt take off shoes, didnt take out anything, no body scanner.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by eng3
Last time (August I think), I remember coming out of GE. There was a guy with a tablet with an arrow that randomly assigned you to the left or right lane. Then you went up an escalator. Once I got up there I inquired about TSA-pre. They said that the guy should have checked me. They got a scanner to verify, then put me in the TSA-pre line. Didnt take off shoes, didnt take out anything, no body scanner.
No longer, at least not last week. It was a Saturday, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. But you're right, there used to be.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
Depends on where your passport is from

Originally Posted by nicepjw
I book flight from EZE to ICN.
EZE-IAH-LAX-NRT-ICN

At IAH, I only have 1hr 40mins connecting time. I should pass immigration office at IAH.
And then, at LAX, I only have I hr 46mins connecting time.

All ticket is UA issued ticket. So, I do not concern baggage.
But I wonder that I have enough time for taking next flight at IAH and LAX.
On a recent inbound from LHR, they had green card holders like myself go through the visitor lanes. US citizens breezed through but it took me 90 minutes in the immigration line.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM SPG Gold
No longer, at least not last week. It was a Saturday, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. But you're right, there used to be.
I don't know how it used to be but I came through IAH on the 11th on my way back from PTY. GE was a breeze but then a long line to go through security for my connecting flight. I asked a TSA guy if they ever have a precheck lane and he said no.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by PDXbound
I don't know how it used to be but I came through IAH on the 11th on my way back from PTY. GE was a breeze but then a long line to go through security for my connecting flight. I asked a TSA guy if they ever have a precheck lane and he said no.
Yep, long security line. Especially if you're "lucky" and LH440 (A380) just landed before you
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by PDXbound
Sometimes precheck is only open at specific times. If I recall, my flight arrived around 2pm.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua
thanks all!
I changed flight.
EZE-IAH-LAX-NRT-ICN, EZE-IAH-NRT-ICN

at IAH, I have 6 hours!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
That's enough time to uber into town for a decent breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.