Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMCO
The size of UA new 1K luggage tags.

Shows exactly how they feel about 1K's
^+1

I was supposed to get my 1K 1MM kit yesterday. Instead I got a PP 1MM Kit. With the same 1/2 size luggage tags.

As I posted on another thread. Whoever gave this idea to $MI/J must have gotten the same cheap Lucite plaque I just got for being a 1 Million Miller. But his/hers must say "United Airlines $1 Million Dollar Saver".

I got my 1 Million Miler Kit yesterday. The cheap Lucite Plaque, containing the cheap plastic card that has my name and says "1 Million Miler", was scratched.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 29, 2015 at 11:34 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The folks at MP seem to be unsure of something, today received an e-mail (special tickets/access for the PGA Northern Trust Open) that had as the sender "MileagePlus Program? <[email protected]>" -- emphasis mine but the "?" their's.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The folks at MP seem to be unsure of something, today received an e-mail (special tickets/access for the PGA Northern Trust Open) that had as the sender "MileagePlus Program? <[email protected]>" -- emphasis mine but the "?" their's.
I received the same email and was "questioned" as well
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
DEN to IAH this morning in the F cabin I asked for black coffee and the FA brought coffee with cream added to it already. For a 0600 flight it was a travesty
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Originally Posted by goalie
I received the same email and was "questioned" as well
United IT bug, again. It was probably the ® symbol, but the program/script United uses to send email converted it to a "?" because either it's ancient and can't deal with Unicode, or Unicode isn't allowed in the "sender" field. Either way, an easily discovered mistake if United bothered testing and reviewing, which it doesn't.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: UA GS
I continue to receive "How as your Flight" surveys far faster than mileage gets posted to my MP account. If you can send me the survey, surely you can post the miles to my account at the same time?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by BAB123
I continue to receive "How as your Flight" surveys far faster than mileage gets posted to my MP account. If you can send me the survey, surely you can post the miles to my account at the same time?
They should get the guy who writes the programs for taking your money to do the programs:,,,,,that system is slick
I am getting surveyed to death at moment and I am about 60% on time in for 45k miles to date,,,,,two inedible meals on trans pacs , busted wifi's no entertainment on trans cons ...they will probably stop soon
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:38 am

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
I wish the iOS app would rotate instead of always being portrait orientation.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
When paying on the UK site, it doesn't recognize that London is not in a "State or a Province" or even a County, so you need to type it in twice.

And, while we are on the UK site, and I suspect most overseas sites, it doesn't make it clear which date format it requires. Sometimes it's mmddyyy and sometimes it's ddmmyyyy, but they don't say which.

In fact, this is somewhat substantive because it will yield wrong results for items such as passport expiration, which could cause problems.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 15, 2015 at 6:53 am Reason: Run-on posts merged
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
When I was going to check in at SJD (Los Cabos) the little 8x10 size sign said "Premier Access" and GlobalFirst.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:45 am

Oh why must so many of the lavs on UA planes be designed for women....the toilet seats seem to have a feature built in that due to the curvature of the plane in F to automatically drop down the toilet seat even when I put it up.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:58 am
Used to be 'IAD22066'

Programs: UA 1K AA
Originally Posted by Indelaware
I hate it when they do it. And UA is not alone. I've heard US, AA, & DL all do the same.

Another problem: often when I hear GA say "full flight," I glance at the podium computer screen to find that it is not a full flight; that there are a few seats not sold. Com'on... full means full, it doesn't mean "nearly full."
Can't stand it when the plane is "full" because they are hauling so much mail. With SFO->SYD flights they sometimes stop in Hawaii for fuel, which means they have to land part way through the flight, which means that they wake you up, which results from having turned on the seat belt sign while you are just realizing you need to (#1), which leaves me grumpy when the plane finally does get to Sydney.

Other thing, some people are complaining about their luggage tags. Is there any benefit to having new luggage tags? Seems like some would take pride in having 1K tags that have been around for a while. I.e. "You're so proud you just made 1K? I've been a 1K since my wife had to worry about me making out with the flight attendants!"
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by evanroberts
I wish the iOS app would rotate instead of always being portrait orientation.
^^
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by dank0014
Oh why must so many of the lavs on UA planes be designed for women....the toilet seats seem to have a feature built in that due to the curvature of the plane in F to automatically drop down the toilet seat even when I put it up.
To me this is definitely NOT stupid or least substantive! Brutal when it happens, and it happens far too often.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Every PS flight i'm on in Y, I attempt to order the "Chicken Stir Fry" and every time the FA says they don't carry that. Take it off the menu then!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.