Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I received my GS package today. In attempting to fill in my name/address on the luggage tags, I found that a regular ballpoint pen wouldn't work - surface too slick. Will need to find a felt tip or rollerball. Maddening!
I find that these very thin/fine Sharpies work great. I had the same (well 1K) problem as you and then tried one of those that I keep to sign prints/books with.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:42 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
The size of UA new 1K luggage tags.

Shows exactly how they feel about 1K's
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA GS / MM
Fly across the Pacific and earn a $50 certificate

There is a link on mileage+ offer page that says "Fly across the Pacific and earn a $50 certificate" and the offer ends "Thursday, Feb 5, 2015".

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...s/airline.aspx

The link leads to a registration page that demands flying on Continental and the offer expires on November 30, 2010.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Today in the SFO UC, one of the indiviual serving country crock margarine tubs was only half filled, which meant I had to go back to the serving area to get another one for my bagel. I didn't have to use all of the additional tub to achieve proper consistency, which means I may have deprived another customer of a tub.

Or cost Jeff more money.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

The purser/IFM from my MUC-EWR flight today didn't remember me when I recognized him from a EWR-HKG flight this summer.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
The purser/IFM from my MUC-EWR flight today didn't remember me when I recognized him from a EWR-HKG flight this summer.
Were his initials EW? If so give him a break - he's one of the good ones....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Were his initials EW? If so give him a break - he's one of the good ones....
Latino, square-ish, early 30s?
Obviously by being in this thread I am saying it in jest.
The reason I remembered him was because he was great on the HKG flight.
When I got on I thought it was him, then wasn't sure and I said well if I find out he is the purser than it has to be.
I mentioned HKG and he said "ya but it has been a while, probably the summer" and bingo it was in July when I flew.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Tray tables in GF and BF are awkwardly and annoyingly far from my body, and no matter what position I contort either myself or my seat into, I find myself having to hold my plate with one hand and operate the silverware with the other, because at the end of the day the tray table is just too far away from me to eat directly from the table without leaning uncomfortably far forward.

Last edited by zcat18; Jan 28, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by mkrecek
Gate Agent Announcement: "We have a completely full flight and we are desperate for volunteers.... (Yes VDB!) ...to gate check their bags." Dooohhhh!
I hate it when they do it. And UA is not alone. I've heard US, AA, & DL all do the same.

Another problem: often when I hear GA say "full flight," I glance at the podium computer screen to find that it is not a full flight; that there are a few seats not sold. Com'on... full means full, it doesn't mean "nearly full."
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The butter that came with my meal in F today was so hard it tore my roll up when I tried to spread it. Come on UA, you can warm my nuts but you can't warm my butter On a side note, the asian noodle salad with chicken was quite good.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Baze
The butter that came with my meal in F today was so hard it tore my roll up when I tried to spread it. .....
Assuming an warm entree, placing the butter on the plate for a short period of time solves the issue -- and allows you total control on the level of butter softness as a plus.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Assuming an warm entree, placing the butter on the plate for a short period of time solves the issue -- and allows you total control on the level of butter softness as a plus.
They had the asian noodle salad or a chicken cobb salad wrap, 2 cold items. Guess I could have submersed the butter in the soup And yes, I know the trick to tuck it into or on something warm to soften it up.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Baze
.... Guess I could have submersed the butter in the soup
Just place the butter patty under the soup bowl (has been experimentally verified)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

*fast forward to this thread in 3 weeks*

"There seemed to be butter or some similar substance stains in the F cabin on my flight to Denver."
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Not really United's fault but didn't know where to vent:
Some upstanding citizen in 2A spilled his drink at some point during the flight and didn't bother to tell me. I was sitting behind him with my backpack under his seat. Imagine my surprise at the end of the flight when everything was wet. Luckily it wasn't enough to soak into my laptop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.