Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA 2015 New Year Bonus {RDM} Miles Promotion for Premium Cabin Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Start 2015 with a premium travel bonus from United {New Years Bonus Miles Promotion}{promoCode=A14591}
Valid Fri., Jan. 9, 2015 - Sat., Feb. 28, 2015

We are pleased to offer a special way to increase your mileage balance and earn award travel in 2015. From January 9 through February 28 you can earn bonus award miles when you complete qualifying flight segments booked in premium cabin fares (fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z or P) with United, United Express® and select airline partners.
Code:
2015 New Year Bonus Miles Promotion Chart MileagePlus 
status level         Long-haul and p.s.® flights               Short-haul flights
               F/A/J/C/D fareclass   Z/P fareclass   F/A/J/C/D fareclass    Z/P fareclass
1K® 	         12,000 miles         3,500 miles       1,000 miles         500 miles
Plat/Gold/Silver  6,000 miles         1,000 miles         500 miles         250 miles
Member            3,000 miles              -              250 miles          -
We will automatically add the bonus miles to your MileagePlus account two to four weeks after the qualifying flight is completed.

Thank you for choosing MileagePlus. We look forward to welcoming you on board for another year of rewarding travel experiences.

2015 New Year Bonus Miles Promotion Terms & Conditions:
  • No registration is required.
  • Travel must begin on or after January 9, 2015, and be completed on or before February 28, 2015, to qualify for this offer.
  • The number of bonus miles earned for each qualifying flight segment will be based on the member's MileagePlus status on the date of travel.
  • For this offer, "Long-Haul" flight segments are defined as those with a scheduled distance of at least 3,000 miles or the p.s.® routes between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco. "Short-Haul" flight segments are non-p.s. routes and those with a scheduled distance of less than 3,000 miles. Distance determinations will be made by United Airlines in its discretion.
  • MileagePlus Premier® 1K® members are eligible to earn 12,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, 3,500 award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P, 1,000 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 500 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P.
  • Premier Platinum, Premier Gold and Premier Silver members are eligible to earn 6,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, 1,000 award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P, 500 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 250 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes Z or P.
  • Members without Premier status are eligible to earn 3,000 bonus award miles for qualifying Long-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D, or 250 award miles for qualifying Short-Haul flight segments booked in fare classes F, A, J, C or D.
  • Qualifying flight segments included in this promotion are flights operated by United or United Express®, or flights marketed by United and operated by Air Canada (AC), All Nippon Airways (NH), Austrian Airlines (OS), Brussels Airlines (SN), Copa Airlines (CM), Lufthansa (LH) or Swiss International Airlines (LX).
  • Eligible flight segments operated by these select airline partners must have an associated UA flight number to be eligible for this promotion.
  • Flight segments marketed by United and operated by Copa Airlines are only eligible for the associated bonuses in fare classes Z and P. Members without Premier status will not earn a bonus through this promotion on flight segments operated by Copa Airlines.
  • The number of bonus miles earned from MileagePlus partners on qualifying flight segments is based on the operating carrier's equivalent fare class, which could result in differences between the booking class purchased and the booking class flown.
  • Traveler must be a member of United's MileagePlus program and qualifying flight segments must be credited to the member's MileagePlus account by March 31, 2015, in order for the member to receive this offer.
  • Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
  • Offer is only valid for flight segments originally booked in fare classes F, A, J, C, D, Z or P.
  • Award tickets and tickets that are not eligible to earn award miles do not qualify for this offer.
  • This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
  • Bonus award miles will post to the member's MileagePlus account two to four weeks after the qualifying flight segment.
  • Service charges apply when ticketing with a United representative by phone ($25), at a City Ticket Office ($30) and in person at the airport ($35) in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada. Ticketing charges may vary outside of these areas and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
  • Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
  • Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
With this promo and the Marriott promo I feel like a hog at the trough given my travels...
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Something to think about here.

The BOS-ICN $1700 r/t A fare allows changes to the return portion before travel has begun without a refare (according to the fare rules, it allows only one such change, but online it seems to allow unlimited changes), with just taxes/fess add/collect. You can also change the return after travel has begun as "usual" with tickets and it should be free.

The return can be routed ICN-NRT-HNL-EWR-BOS, booking into D on the ICN-NRT sector and booking into A on the other segments.

Suppose a 1K passenger bought one of these tickets, paying about $1800 a/i total with about $1600 of that in base fare.

This BOS-SFO-ICN/ICN-NRT-HNL-EWR-BOS trip would earn:

* Jan-Feb 2015 : 96779 RDM : 3000 promotion bonus from shorthaul sector, 36000 promotion bonus from longhaul sectors, 57.7k RDM from travel (3.5x on SFO-ICN + NRT-HNL A fares; and 2.75x on other sectors intl D/domestic A fares).
Interesting idea, but I have too many intertwined tickets to make any changes now (flew BOS-ICN a couple of days ago and am now in SIN, and heading to LGK on Sunday).

This is what I have booked to get home.

LGK-KUL-SIN on AK revenue ticket (wish me luck)
SIN-PEK-ICN on AE reward ticket
ICN-SFO-BOS on UA F revenue ticket
BOS-EWR-YYZ on UA revenue ticket

Only overnight is in BOS. I must have been on drugs when I booked this!

(But I have to admit, I checked. LOL)
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone get their bonus miles yet? Bonus is supposed to post 2-4 weeks after flights and my first flight was on Jan 11. I know I'm not quite at 4 weeks yet, but darn close, and nothing has posted yet.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nothing here either ...
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Also flew January 11, nothing posted.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:59 pm

The fine print states bonus miles will post two to four weeks after the qualifying flight segment and if thats the case I will not see the first bonus until at least 17 February. Too bad they do not post the bonuses sooner vs. later. Im sure customers could use the miles for upgrades or free trips.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

nothing here either, flight was Jan 15
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have now exceeded 4 weeks since first flight on Jan 11 and no bonus in my account. Figure I'll wait until 4 weeks after my return (Jan 23) to start complaining.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
My bonus posted sometime in the past 24 hours for a flight on 1/30.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Bonus for multiple flights posted within the last 12 hours. Range between flight dates and today was 30 days, 29 days, and 22 days.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Same for me - bonuses posted overnight.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
2 of 3 posted for me (all on the 10th and 11th). Hopefully the last will post soon. Then I can get back to fighting for my Air New Zealand flights to post!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:21 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Mine posted for flights 1/17-1/26.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bonuses have posted for F flights on Jan 11th and 23rd. Sweet, 26K miles for the $1700 F promo fare (BOS-ICN).
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
No bonus for my ua codeshare den-Fra which had to be converted to the LH flight number for my gpu. Not happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.