Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat

I made 1K on December 30. Every time I call the 1K line, I am routed to the regular Premier Line and when I choose the account summary option, the phone system keeps telling me that I am a Premier Platinum member. Also, my GPUs and RPUs have not posted either. However, mystatus.united.com reflects my 1K status (as well as the regular UA.com). Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
There is no 1K line.

I'd give things a bit more time to get worked out.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I made 1K on December 30. Every time I call the 1K line, I am routed to the regular Premier Line ....
That is standard -- there is no 1K Line -- 1Ks just get priority with the Premier Line.

... and when I choose the account summary option, the phone system keeps telling me that I am a Premier Platinum member. Also, my GPUs and RPUs have not posted either. However, mystatus.united.com reflects my 1K status (as well as the regular UA.com). Does anyone know how I can fix this?
This is odd, it can take a few days but a week is pushing it.
If it is not an urgent issue, I might see if it corrects itself in a few days, other call MPSC and ask.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is a MP issue. Calling customer service simply means that you will wait to be transfered again.

If you do want customer service, you can call any # and when you enter your MP #, you will be routed accordingly.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
I requalify 1K on 12/31(with miles posted on 1/2), however my 2 RPUs and 6 GPUs haven't posted yet. Should I call MPSC to push for GPU and RPU get deposited?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That is standard -- there is no 1K Line -- 1Ks just get priority with the Premier Line.

This is odd, it can take a few days but a week is pushing it.
If it is not an urgent issue, I might see if it corrects itself in a few days, other call MPSC and ask.
I don't care about the phone system. However, I do want to book travel and see 'R' space available but am afraid that the good fare and the R space will be gone. Called MPSC and asked if the GPUs can be manually deposited and was told I would need to wait until this processes automatically which I was told should happen "within a week" (however, I am not holding my breath)...

Originally Posted by songzm
I requalify 1K on 12/31(with miles posted on 1/2), however my 2 RPUs and 6 GPUs haven't posted yet. Should I call MPSC to push for GPU and RPU get deposited?
Useless. ... Already tried that route.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What about the 1K Line? Is that not considered a dedicated 1K line? At least the number is different than the regular Premier Line...

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 6, 2015 at 1:23 pm Reason: multi-quote
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
I'm seeing long lags in MPSC response times. I had a missing segment from early December that would've put me below 100,000 PQM for 2014 if it didn't get credited. I wrote to MPSC on 3 separate occasions on this topic, and each time it took more than 4~5 days for them to respond. I think part of that is the holiday effect - probably thinly staffed through the holidays. In any case, the issue was finally resolved, and the credit from the missing flight segment showed up on Jan 2, and mystatus.united.com shows that I've reached 1K status for 2015. However, just like you, I've not received the RPU's or GPU's. I was thinking that this is longer than in previous years when I've attained 1K status, but I figured that with the missing flight segment post-credited in January, it would take some time for the 1k status to propagate through whereever it has to propagate through to and for the RPU's and GPU's to show up.

Anyways, at least you know that you're not alone...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
What about the 1K Line? Is that not considered a dedicated 1K line? At least the number is different than the regular Premier Line...
Again, there is no 1K Line anymore. In other words, a member calling the dedicated number on the back of the 1K card gets routed to the same call center as a Premier Gold member calling the dedicated number on the back of their card.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...What about the 1K Line? Is that not considered a dedicated 1K line? At least the number is different than the regular Premier Line...
So what? It all goes to the same answering system. I worked a dispatcher for a plumbing company on Oahu when I was working thru college. Their Yellow Pages* ad showed listed different neighborhoods with different numbers. The calls all came to me, no matter what number was dialed. Of course, the callers were dumb/naive enough to think they were calling a neighborhood office. I definitely felt guilty about the deception I was participating in, but it was a job. The difference with UA is that you do get priority once the answering system realizes you are a 1K (by the # you're calling from or the MP# you enter).

*Yellow Pages was a large soft-cover listing of businesses and phone numbers in a particular area delivered yearly to your driveway/doorstep by THE phone company.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 6, 2015 at 1:46 pm
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is rather odd. Normally the GPUs and RPUs post within 24 to 48 hours of achieving 1K. Yet another IT problem.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Again, there is no 1K Line anymore. In other words, a member calling the dedicated number on the back of the 1K card gets routed to the same call center as a Premier Gold member calling the dedicated number on the back of their card.
Ah, thanks. I did not realize that. Never been 1K before so I never read closely any posts that related to 1K so I naively assumed that there is a dedicated 1K line... Thanks for clarifying.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
No worries about the confusion; in the legacy UA, there was a dedicated 1K Line.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Ah, thanks. I did not realize that. Never been 1K before so I never read closely any posts that related to 1K so I naively assumed that there is a dedicated 1K line... Thanks for clarifying.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-1k-line.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-1k-desk.html
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: 1k
That is interesting.

But I wonder why the reps on the 1k line seem to speak much better English and generally know more then the other line.

Maybe it is just luck of the draw?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is rather odd. Normally the GPUs and RPUs post within 24 to 48 hours of achieving 1K. Yet another IT problem.
My SO made Plat a few months back and the RPUs took about a week to post (I had started a thread here because she was a 1K via my status and I was concerned that she wouldn't earn her own RPUs/GPUs because of that, but was assured that she would and that it might take 5-7 days).

She made 1K on her own on the 30th and I'm going to give it a few more days before calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.