Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I was Plat and made 1K a couple days into 2015 when my 12/31 flight posted. My United.com account also says 1K as does the mobile app on my iPhone, however I still only have the 2 RPUs from earlier last year. Am missing 6 GPUs and 2 more RPUs.

I just booked a trip for early Feb SFO-LHR in "M" class and was hoping to use a GPU. The only upgrade option I have now (shows "Waitlist") is 20k miles + $300 each way.

Am wondering whether I should wait or pull the trigger for the miles+copay.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by gangtok slim
I was Plat and made 1K a couple days into 2015 when my 12/31 flight posted. My United.com account also says 1K as does the mobile app on my iPhone, however I still only have the 2 RPUs from earlier last year. Am missing 6 GPUs and 2 more RPUs.

I just booked a trip for early Feb SFO-LHR in "M" class and was hoping to use a GPU. The only upgrade option I have now (shows "Waitlist") is 20k miles + $300 each way.

Am wondering whether I should wait or pull the trigger for the miles+copay.
I am kind of in the same boat. Using Expert Mode, I see that the flight I would like to buy has R=7 availability and want to use my GPUs to upgrade me, my wife and my daughter. However, I am wondering if by the time the GPUs post, there will be the same R space available... And the current price for the lowest upgradable fare bucket is not bad for the route either (EWR-MXP)...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Two colleagues made Plat and 1K on Dec.30, and 31.

No RPU. No GPU. Nothing.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I qualified on Dec 30th too and still no GPU's

Sucks as I want to book a SYD/MEL trip with open R space too...

I called and they said if they have not posted in 7-10 days then call back and a supervisor at the MP desk can do them manually
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: United 1K 3MM
There is another thread of UA gifting 1K status to those near the threshold. So, perhaps the computer is now sorting out the 1K Lites from the regular 1K before correctly depositing the GPUs.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
1K lites don't get XPUs but you will get TODs.....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
I was one of those who was originally "gifted" 1K because my final flight on 12/30 posted my PQD incorrectly after IRROPS. When I saw that I hadn't received any new RPUs/GPUs, I assumed it was because it thought I just missed the PQD requirement instead of being slightly over it. I called MP on 1/2/15, and it was quickly fixed in the system so that it now reflects the correct PQD but RPUs/GPUs didn't automatically appear. They assured me that they would post after a sweep, but they weren't sure exactly when that sweep would happen. It definitely hasn't happened yet....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 1MM
I requalified for 1k with the posting of my Dec. 31 flight. The miles, PQMs and PQDs all posted 2-3 days later, and the "mystatus" site confirms I am 1k for 2015. But same as others have said, the recently earned GPUs and RPUs haven't posted on my account yet. In the past always posted within 24-48 hours of the flight posting. Related issue: as a MM my status is shared by companion but that account is only showing silver status. Luckily I don't need those RPUs and GPUs urgently or I'd be calling MPSC too.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MMProfessor
So, perhaps the computer is now sorting out the 1K Lites from the regular 1K before correctly depositing the GPUs.
This concept of "1K Lite" is just speculation. There has been no confirmation that those who waived in will not get the instruments. Indeed, it seems (at least based on this thread) no one who qualified at the end of December is getting their RPUs or GPUs.

UA is probably too busy sorting out the GS late-notification SNAFU and rebooking pax from the legion of cancelled international fleets this first week of the New Year.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
One more data point. I crossed the PQD threshold for 1K with flight activity from 12/31. I called MPSC for a separate issue (failed RPUs not re-depositing) and asked when I would see my 1K RPU/GPU instruments added as I'm trying to book travel for the next 4 months. "Within 7 days" was the answer. When I hit Platinum for the year, the RPUs showed up before the PQM/PQDs from the qualifying flight appeared.

aaron
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: UA 1K; SWA A-List; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Platinum; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
Indeed, it seems (at least based on this thread) no one who qualified at the end of December is getting their RPUs or GPUs.

UA is probably too busy sorting out the GS late-notification SNAFU and rebooking pax from the legion of cancelled international fleets this first week of the New Year.
Yes, Just to add another voice for "1K qualification in late-December, still no RPU/GPU deposits yet" solidarity, I'm in the same boat. Given this thread and others, my plan is to wait a little longer -- likely a system overload.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Camerarunner2424
Yes, Just to add another voice for "1K qualification in late-December, still no RPU/GPU deposits yet" solidarity, I'm in the same boat. Given this thread and others, my plan is to wait a little longer -- likely a system overload.
Not to be 'that guy' but I flew my final flight on 12/29, and the PQM's (and 1K status) posted on 12/31. The RPUs and GPUs were deposited that evening as well, so I'm 100% whole.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Not to be 'that guy' but I flew my final flight on 12/29, and the PQM's (and 1K status) posted on 12/31. The RPUs and GPUs were deposited that evening as well, so I'm 100% whole.
Maybe the issue is restricted to those who qualified in late 2014 but whose miles didn't post until after 12/31/2014. Anyone able to blow that theory out of the water?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is rather odd. Normally the GPUs and RPUs post within 24 to 48 hours of achieving 1K. Yet another IT problem.
Yes, agreed, mine posted "instantly" when the last flight achieving the required miles etc posted.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This is so frustrating for those of us that were counting on these for January travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.