Search

Good Price for ORD-CDG in April?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1k
Good Price for ORD-CDG in April?

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum (and I did try a search!) - I am booking a trip ORD-CDG April 9-13 and have been following fares for awhile - they have hovered between $13-1400. Can anyone that is familiar with the route let me know if that is a decent price? It sounds good to me but I have no point of reference since I haven't flown this particular routing. I generally book tickets closer to my departure date but figure if this is decent I may as well just book. Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: should have specified that I am a slave to United or Star Alliance partners for status reasons.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jah294
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum (and I did try a search!) - I am booking a trip ORD-CDG April 9-13 and have been following fares for awhile - they have hovered between $13-1400. Can anyone that is familiar with the route let me know if that is a decent price? It sounds good to me but I have no point of reference since I haven't flown this particular routing. I generally book tickets closer to my departure date but figure if this is decent I may as well just book. Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: should have specified that I am a slave to United or Star Alliance partners for status reasons.
Not really...although if you have to go to Paris on specific dates you might just have to pay up
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1k
Ah, good to know. Unfortunately I have to be there over that weekend for an event. Just out of curiosity, what is considered a "good" or "average" fare on that routing?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Ah, good to know. Unfortunately I have to be there over that weekend for an event. Just out of curiosity, what is considered a "good" or "average" fare on that routing?
It's not a bad fare. Any TATL for around $1000 or less is really good. Last summer, economy TATL fares were consistently above $1500, sometimes closer to $2000.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Hi,

If you don't mind taking a circuitous route, you can fly via Istanbul for about $850 (Turkish) or via Warsaw for $1030 (LOT). But check to see if these booking classes qualify for mileage credit.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
If you got em...

For 60,000 miles and ~$120 it might be worth looking into a reward ticket. Two cents per mile is not bad redemption rate. Save your cash and burn depreciating miles. You do not indicate if you have UA status, but if you are Plat/1K in 2015 changes to reward tickets would be gratis. You could even cancel the reward ticket and redeposit the miles if a bargain fare price comes along.

Enjoy April in Paris!

SunLover
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:22 pm

I flew from Chicago to Paris last April on AA for $660. I would say anything $900-$1100 is a pretty fair price. And I would wait for about a month to book it. Set up a kayak alert for that route to be emailed to you everyday, then book it when the price drops. Also play with the dates, I know you have to be there for a certain weekend but if you are flexible about how soon or later you depart after that weekend it can be cheaper. I know it feels good to get the flight booked but honestly this price is only going to go down. I can't imagine it going much higher than $1400

On a side note I would book whatever is cheapest unless you are really deadset on United. I know that people always complain about the airline experience but United has to be the worst mainstream airline for international. If you want to drink $7 beers and be treated rudely though, by all means, go with them!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I doubt anyone's loaded any April sale fares yet. You should get that well under a grand, even if you're alliance-picky. ORD obviously has plenty of *A carriers.

How loose is Turkish with stopovers in IST on low coach fares? That could be kind of fun...if they allow it.

I just redeemed miles for summer travel to BCN...loaded fares right now are stupid-high ($1500+ R/T). Figure they might drop a little bit, but I also know a few people who actually paid $1200-1400 a pop for TATL last summer. Lots of demand, tight supply... But on April travel, I'd probably hold miles and wait it out a bit for a better fare. Look again in January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.