Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Specific Question About OLCI for Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Specific Question About OLCI for Australia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daffy99
I wasn't talking about visas; my point was that you need a valid Australian passport, rather than using another valid passport.
That's why I said, "You need a passport for *the* country" instead of "*a* country".

This is apparently true for all countries not just Australia.

The trivia you pick up flying ...
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by inpd
That's why I said, "You need a passport for *the* country" instead of "*a* country".

This is apparently true for all countries not just Australia.

The trivia you pick up flying ...
i also have different passports from 3 countries. i stored them all on my UA profile. before checking in, UA will ask me which passport i want to use. never had an issue. of course i never tried selecting the *wrong* passport (like a non-US one for return flights to the US), but that's another story and as long as you store them all and select the correct one, even if they are about to expire, you should be fine. safe travels!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So to followup on this. I took people's advise and entered both passports into UA.com.

When it came time to check in, it asked me which passport to use. If you choose the Australian one you can check in online. Thanks for your help
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:23 am

Hijacking this thread a bit - if you OLCI for a United flight ex-SYD, can you print your boarding pass and head straight to the gate, or I presume must you stop at the counter again first.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Hijacking this thread a bit - if you OLCI for a United flight ex-SYD, can you print your boarding pass and head straight to the gate, or I presume must you stop at the counter again first.

Thanks.
Good question. My experience was going LAX-MEL. Going MEL-LAX I could *not* do OLCI. The agent said they needed to see passports.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: United 1MM
Originally Posted by inpd
Good question. My experience was going LAX-MEL. Going MEL-LAX I could *not* do OLCI. The agent said they needed to see passports.
Strange. It appears to all be working now for me (both ways). I'd say from 2008 to maybe 2012 or so, I had quite a few problems going TO Australia, but not the other way around. I only got Aussie citizenship in 2008.

You should just be able to choose which passport to fly on when checking in for that international travel day.

BTW, Happy Australia Day, mate.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I got randomly picked at one point last year for additional screening (SSSS) and the was the only time I could not do online checkin in the last 4 years
Ive had both passports in my profile for ages and never an issue, just pick the right one
About once a year I can dump the presentation luggage with a workmate and go strait off the train into the customs hall (always have some spare express passes)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by LordTentacle
(always have some spare express passes)
I always give mine back when they forget to collect them... I feel a little silly now hah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.