Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Coupon Status shows "Airport Control" for ANA segment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:45 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: United, Hilton

When checking a United reservation (using the Saudia site to see the e-ticket and fare info), my ticket segments all show "Open for use" under Coupon Status except for the single segment on ANA which shows "Airport Control". Knowing the issues that can happen with partner airline segments, does anyone know what "Airport Control" might mean and if it is an issue? If this is normal, then I do not want to call United and possibly cause a problem where none exists.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
"Airport Control" means that ANA has taken control of the flight coupon so that you are able to check-in for the flight (where coupon status would change to "Checked In").

When an e-ticket contains segments on other airlines, the other airline usually takes control of the flight coupons that relate to their flights either at a predetermined time before departure or in some cases right after the e-ticket is issued.

If for some reason you need to make a change to any of the flights in your itinerary and UA needs to do a ticket exchange, the agent will have to "take back control" of those coupons (either they have to manually do it in SHARES, or it may be automatically done during the exchange process) so that they will revert to "Open for Use" before any ticket exchange can be done.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: United, Hilton
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain. That makes sense!

Have a great day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.