Booking on united.com disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Booking on united.com disappeared

Hello,

I am not sure if there is a specialized thread on that.
If yes, then I would ask the moderator to append my post to that thread.

A set of flights is booked directly on united.com (3 flights on UA, one flight on another non Star Alliance carrier).
Customer never receives any email with an eticket receipt.
In the reservation view on united.com it says first:

This reservation is not ticketed. Pending confirmation from airline XYZ.
After two hours it switches to:

Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary.
After 36 hours the flight segment (non Star Alliance carrier) disappears.

After 54 hours the entire reservations disappears completely. No record is found on united.com

Passengers did screenshots of all three states of the reservation view.
UA has not charged the credit card.

What's going on?
Does the passenger has a contract with UA to transport him from point A to B for set price?
The routing has increased in price.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Call in and explain the situation. The agents should be able to see the history and figure it out.

But, most importantly, the tickets were never issued so there is no contract IMO.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. Call ASAP and I mean ASAP. Posting here won't get your problem resolved.

2. Other carriers have 72 hours in which to confirm space booked through UA. If, after 72 hours the other carrier has not confirmed, the reservation will cancel. If the other carrier informs UA prior to 72 hours that it will not confirm, the reservation will cancel. It would appear that the latter has occurred here.

3. You have received a specific advisory from UA advising that you are not ticketed and you apparently are not. This means that you have nothing. And UA has told you so.

Why not post the entire routing with the names of the other carrier(s)? There are people on FT who might be able to provide you with good advice if what appears to have happened has happened. But, that is dependent on knowing the exact facts.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You should definitely call, but I doubt you'll be able to get the old price at this point, as it unfortunately appears you were never ticketed.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

3. You have received a specific advisory from UA advising that you are not ticketed and you apparently are not.
I have not received anything, I have pulled up the record on "my reservations". Even if the booking is completely on UA-flights, I have read the statement "This reservation is not ticketed." quite often immediately after booking.

There are two issues at play.
The flights are up in more than 4 weeks. So I am not worried in getting stranded.

1) I would certainly need a written confirmation from UA that the flights had been cancelled, so I can book an alternative. I need that confirmation, if some day a funny credit card charge appeared on my card.

2) There is the pricing issue. I wonder what the statement: "Your purchase is confirmed." means. The routing starts in the EU, thus, EC261/2004 applies. It would be for a European court to decide.
(g) "reservation" means the fact that the passenger has a ticke
t, or other proof, which indicates that the reservation has been
accepted and registered by the air carrier or tour operator;

Last edited by warakorn; Oct 22, 2014 at 8:19 am
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Often1
2. Other carriers have 72 hours in which to confirm space booked through UA. If, after 72 hours the other carrier has not confirmed, the reservation will cancel. If the other carrier informs UA prior to 72 hours that it will not confirm, the reservation will cancel. It would appear that the latter has occurred here.
It's far less than 72 hours.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by channa
It's far less than 72 hours.
Yes, but as I noted and you quoted -- love the rhyme -- the other carrier may inform UA prior to the 72 hours. That may have happened here. No way of knowing until OP calls and reports back.

As to the EC 261/2004 issue, same as the DOT regulation, UA has specifically and exprssly informed OP that the reservation is not ticketed. That change has ocurred in the past year or two specifically to deal with these two jurisdictions and frankly as a matter of fairness to the consumer.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I had a similar issue with tickets reserved on Sunday and paid for on Monday. It never actually cleared and sent me the confirmation and was saying that it was processing. After nearly 24 hours I called and they told me it was stuck in the system. They un-stuck it, and I received my confirmation and ticket number in email within 30 minutes.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

UA has specifically and exprssly informed OP that the reservation is not ticketed.
I pulled that info from "my reservations".
However, two hours later that statement disappeared and it said: "Your purchase is confirmed.".

The culprit (non-Star carrier) is Germanwings 4U.
When I am booking a 4U on its website, I usually never receive an e-ticket number. They do not issue classical e-tickets.
Anyway!

In my eyes, there is a contract in place with UA. If I cannot find a resolution with UA, it is for a German court to decide what is the legal meaning of "Your purchase is confirmed."

Just fyi: I booked a replacement flight. It was more expensive, therefore I am still thinking how to get the difference back.

Last edited by warakorn; Oct 23, 2014 at 2:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.