Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New MileagePlus Premier Status Tracker - Take a Look

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MileagePlus Premier Status Tracker - Take a Look

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by JBord
I'm glad you wrote this. After reading all the positive feedback, I assumed I must be missing something. I found no value in this site and was wondering why I would ever go to the new micro site when I can get the same information plus a lot more on UA.com.

Wouldn't it be in UA's interest to drive traffic to the main site for this information rather than send them here? Sorry, I'm just totally confused about how this benefits customers or UA. Someone smarter than me please help!
My money is on this being a temporary place. When the new united.com rolls out these features will be part of that website and no use for this website anymore.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
the fonts look a bit off on my screen..
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA G
Nice. If you're sub-1K, Customer Care link goes to the web form. If you're 1K or GS, it gives you the email address. There's also a page that conveniently gives you the GS phone number, too.

It looks like they'll be adding a "request replacement card" feature at some point, too. Beats having to call MPSC.

Evidently there's special recognition for uber-GSs in the so-called "Chairman's Circle." If nothing else, it proves that the program was carried over from the PMCO days and still exists today.

I wonder how many FTers (if any) have that.

Overall, ^
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by denuaflier
My money is on this being a temporary place. When the new united.com rolls out these features will be part of that website and no use for this website anymore.
That makes some sense. But if it doesn't really offer anything that isn't already on UA.com, then why spend the money on this?

Maybe this falls into the category of "give them something shiny and new and they won't notice how bad the underlying system is".

As I always say at my company...rather than spend money on a useless bauble, why not save a few jobs or give a few people raises instead?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Masking

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 10:30 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Platinum
Appreciate the Chase card information. I can now tell my wife to slow down her spend rate.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Agreed!!!
+1. It tells me that I need another 5000 miles but somehow doesn't realize that I will get this and more on my next itinerary in in 10 days.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Completely useless to me, wish UA IT would work on something useful.

Last edited by danhunterpost; Oct 18, 2014 at 7:46 am
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
nice

I wish that all upcoming travel bookings were tracked for mileage and MQDs as well, so we can see easily where we stand for year-long qualification. Finding MQDs hard to track.

Last edited by privacylawyer; Oct 17, 2014 at 5:40 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:19 pm

Don't get it....kind of find it useless?

Looks nice, but doesn't do anything for me. Guess it's because I'm already at 1K for year, but I see me visiting this page the one and only time (right now).

How about focus on the new website they have been talking about forever?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
For all those asking about PQD (at least those based in the USA), the running total of PQD, including actual amount over $10K has always been available on the regular United website.

Just click on the view account details and the running totals of PQM, PQS, and PQD are in the account list.

Corporations seem enthralled with "dashboards", including the stupid circular graphic, regardless of it not showing any helpful information.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Interesting to see my PQD for the first time ever!
I can imagine... For those of us who live outside the USA and don't normally see this metric on our regular account page, I was quite surprised by my total at the moment, and what it will be when I cross 100K PQMs next month and add in the cost of those flights.

Last edited by Shareholder; Oct 18, 2014 at 11:57 am
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by frankmu
Appreciate the Chase card information. I can now tell my wife to slow down her spend rate.
Good luck with that. Sounds about as likely as a Gold getting an upgrade on a T-fare on a Monday morning flight to DCA.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
That makes some sense. But if it doesn't really offer anything that isn't already on UA.com, then why spend the money on this?

Maybe this falls into the category of "give them something shiny and new and they won't notice how bad the underlying system is".

As I always say at my company...rather than spend money on a useless bauble, why not save a few jobs or give a few people raises instead?
It does offer something that isn't on the main site, YTD spend on the credit card. Something that was only previously available by contacting Chase. I can only hope PQD forecasting (see how DL does it) is in the near future as well.

Why update anything? If a company, any company, doesn't refresh their product, they lose. Of course, if they update to keep things fresh then they upset all the FTers who don't like their cheese moved. Keep in mind that the website is as much a marketing tool as it is anything else. You wouldn't run the same commercial for six years straight, or keep the same exact website for six years. Oh wait.

http://web.archive.org/web/200803170...S/default.aspx

Obviously this is just my opinion. We are each entitled to one. Mine happens to be that when your website has an age that is over half of your fleet age, it's time to update. When the website that the large majority of your customers interact with, is from 2008, what impression does that leave? For those on here that don't like graphics, I suggest you upgrade to something faster than dial-up, the page will render just fine.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
I don't think it's handling the presidential plus card waiver correctly. It told me I was waived from PQD because of my credit card spend, but that doesn't apply to me (unless something's changed)....presidential plus card holders are automatically waived up to plat. Also, it said I didn't have to fly the minimum 4 segments on United since I held the MileagePlus Club Card....of course, I don't have that card, I have the Presidential Plus card only.

Other than that, the microsite doesn't show Flex EQM.

I do like the design though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.