Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New MileagePlus Premier Status Tracker - Take a Look

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MileagePlus Premier Status Tracker - Take a Look

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Less information, bigger ads. Awesome.
^ on that comment.

5% useful information, 95% wasted space with graphics, ads and blank spaces. I sure hope we are not forced into this. I like brevity. Convene the useful information and get rid of the shiny pretty stuff. I really can't understand the trend in WebSite that bigger, flashier is better.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Mine doesn't say much - only current total miles and Million Miler Balance, since I am LT 1K. Only indicates that my Pres Plus CC PQM don't count nor does Chase waiver count for 1K.

it says:

"You are currently enjoying complementary Premier 1K status in appreciation of your relationship with United"

Somehow this statement doesn't sound right "currently"??
Should say something like You are enjoying Lifetime Premier 1K status in appreciation of your travel on United.

To me complementary status is a give away Wallet Candy given to travel managers, etc.

I think the non-applicable wording needs updated for lifetime statuses. Lifetime status is earned by achieving the requirements in effect at the time earned, just like year to year status is earned by achieving the yearly requirement. Lifetime is not complementary.

-----------------------

Let me add: the wording for a lifetime companion is appropriate:

"you are currently enjoying complementary Premier 1K status as the companion of a million miler."

Last edited by cova; Oct 17, 2014 at 1:10 pm
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by entropy
INdeed, the whole exercise is unnecessary for anyone that took 3rd grade math.
I don't know about that. Try giving an additional $.02 after you've already given a $10 bill for a $6.57 order at your local Fast Food restaurant and see the confusion as they try to figure out that you get back $3.45 cents, instead of the $3.43 the register tells them too.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Interesting to see my PQD for the first time ever!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
*yawn*
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Also - I think the horizontal bar (like AA has on its site) which shows status and mentions both earned and remaining numbers is more effective than a gauge.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
like the new design. hopefully, it'll roll out to the app soon.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philhayes
It would be great if this could also include planned travel (in a different colour) so that I could track the future trips I have booked. For me, that would be a better indicator of how close I am to each level.
+1
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by exerda
Not bad. It does seem like the status levels on the left should be clickable and update the graphics accordingly. E.g. mine shows progress toward 1K, but it would be interesting to click "Plat" and see I've already met those requirements. I guess the check marks in each of those implies I've already met them? But the 1K stuff is clickable.
Yeah, it gives a check mark if you've hit the level already. You can expand the requirements to see what they are if you're not sure.

Originally Posted by noah
I like it. Though I don't like how it pointed out I've spent $55K on my Chase card this year...
I'd rather it told me what my PQD were over $10k - That actually matters for planning and isn't available elsewhere. My cc spend is available elsewhere, and really matters only if it's over $25k. I have no need to know how much over from United.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:40 pm

It would be great if this could also include planned travel (in a different colour) so that I could track the future trips I have booked. For me, that would be a better indicator of how close I am to each level.
Yes!!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Seems less interesting if you are already at 1K...

So this morning my LH F flight hadn't post and then I saw the video for this on Facebook and was interested to check it out and logged in and my miles just post so I've hit 100k+ & $10K+ so it's a little less visually interesting.

Says you're made 1k for 2015 and to keep flying to earn additional upgrades and then has the 2 RPU x 25k/30pqs and 2 GPU x 50k/60pqs.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:14 pm

I love the idea, but I agree that it would be more useful if it included the following two suggestions.

Originally Posted by Tblack15
+1 Different colors. Green for flown, yellow for planned, white for shortfall.. this would also feed to the chaps that want est. PQD on future trips to show. THEN you can click the yellow segment on the "speedo" to see the flights and their PQD/EQM breakdown. The possibilities are endless!
Otherwise, the new website is no more helpful than the old website.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by QSilver
I agree...it's looks good.

What city is in the background?
Madrid. They've been using variations of the same panorama asset for months now. In some versions, you can see Plaza Mayor.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by unavaca
Madrid. They've been using variations of the same panorama asset for months now. In some versions, you can see Plaza Mayor.
Uh oh. Isn't that pretty much a sure sign Madrid is about to be dropped from the network?

Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by scottpenderson

Otherwise, the new website is no more helpful than the old website.
I'm glad you wrote this. After reading all the positive feedback, I assumed I must be missing something. I found no value in this site and was wondering why I would ever go to the new micro site when I can get the same information plus a lot more on UA.com.

Wouldn't it be in UA's interest to drive traffic to the main site for this information rather than send them here? Sorry, I'm just totally confused about how this benefits customers or UA. Someone smarter than me please help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.