Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA 976 arriving DXB at 8:15pm, connecting with TG 518 leaving at 9:30pm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 976 arriving DXB at 8:15pm, connecting with TG 518 leaving at 9:30pm

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:03 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
I know that this is the UA thread, and people have their reasons for loyalty, but I would strongly recommend Emirates on this route. It will also give you a not more flexibility to SIN as there are I think 4 (maybe 3) flights per day between DXB and SIN.

Great carrier, plus no inter mine bag or ticketing issues.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DEN

If you decide to do it, I'd definitely have a acceptable Plan B in place should it fail. DXB isn't a bad place for a 1 day layover and it's easy to leave the airport with a VISA granted at Immigration for US Citizens. Check to see what the rules are if your citizenship is different. A day inside the DXB airport would be a bit boring, bit doable. There is a Hotel airside and I think the SnoozeCubes are still there. Check other posts for what to do inside and outside DXB for a day.

Good luck and let us know what you did and if it worked.

DEN
Agree completely on having a plan B. I just returned to DEN from DXB this past Saturday (2 days ago) and the Snoozecube is still there and operating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.