Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's The Deal on Mileage Posting Delays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & MM

I know Jeff S. has admitted he'd made a miscalculation on the importance of timely posting of miles post-merger.

Still, it's taking 72 hrs. or more for posting when a 24 hour batch sweep should take care of the issue. Why? I know this isn't a major issue, but it continues to be a minor irritant that should be easily solved.

Any ideas out there?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:34 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
You are clearly an over-entitled elite.

As annoying as the inaccuracies, delays, and outright posting omissions are, I don't think UA is going to prioritize fixing them.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by exerda
You are clearly an over-entitled elite.

As annoying as the inaccuracies, delays, and outright posting omissions are, I don't think UA is going to prioritize fixing them.

Yes, I am. Still, all I want is for a computer program to run. That's not asking too terribly much.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Skinut
Yes, I am. Still, all I want is for a computer program to run. That's not asking too terribly much.
SHARES. Universal answer.

(100% on my 25 AA segments posting next day )
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:48 pm

100% of my 82 segments this year have posed in 48hours or less
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
My UA miles always post within 48 hours
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:54 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trk1
100% of my 82 segments this year have posed in 48hours or less
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
I'd love to be able to say that.

Something like 75% of mine post within 72 hours. Of the remaining 25%, half require me to file missing mileage requests.

Don't get me started on partner postings. It used to be that LH would post before UA... now, I'm seeing LH take 72 hours, and the PQD for LH take 7-10 days.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Hmmmm . . .mine don't. I got a rock.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver
If they want to spend $$$, they can make their system post miles as soon as the boarding pass is scanned.

But I'd rather that they spend the money on the grapes and limes, or the food quality in general.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
Same. My NH and BR flights almost all the same, though I did have a BR flight go past 48 hrs (but no more than 72 hrs).
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

For those stating they post within 48 hrs., I'm sincerely pleased for you. That's how it should work.

Any advice how the rest of us schlups spending a lot of $$$$$$$ with UA get that to happen?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex

Something like 75% of mine post within 72 hours. Of the remaining 25%, half require me to file missing mileage requests.

Don't get me started on partner postings. It used to be that LH would post before UA... now, I'm seeing LH take 72 hours, and the PQD for LH take 7-10 days.
Strange... but I have never had to file a missing mileage request. (aprox 500K lifetime miles) I rarely have partner segments... I think maybe four flights on US a couple years ago.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:01 pm

I seem to be in the same boat as you-these days it's ~96 hours for UA and 2 weeks for PQDs on 016 stock LH.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I generally see UA post within 24-48 hours unless IRROPS does a number on my itin. It's gotten to the point where I know when I'll have trouble with mileage posting, a red flag goes up when a GA says, "Well that didn't work so let's try this..."

Partner mileage, that is a different story. I just had a couple of SAS segments that took a week to post. I'm also not totally okay with the mileage that was credited on these segments since it was short 10% of the great circle distance, but that's a different battle.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, MAR Plat, Hilton Gold
My UA miles post within 48hours no problem, but I had to manually request my LH miles a few months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.