Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why Do You Lose Your Thai Airways Seat Assignments When United Re-Issues Tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Do You Lose Your Thai Airways Seat Assignments When United Re-Issues Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

I booked a reservation in January and I always lose my previous Thai Airways seat assignments when United re-issues the ticket.

Thai will assign the seat but once United re-tickets like the next day everything changes.

Is this a common problem? Is it the Thai system or the United system that causes the change.

It even occurs with the Thai flight where there was no schedule or cabin change.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:36 pm

I haven't seen that happen for any my TG flights.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Same thing happened to me something like five times on my recent TG/OZ award itinerary. I also lost the OZ seats every time the ticket re-issued. My UA seats (SFO-LAX) stuck.

Just go to the TG site immediately after the ticket re-issues and pick your seats again. I was able to keep 2K on the TG 744 and the OZ 388 (best seat on both aircraft IMO) through multiple re-issuances.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:18 am
RJ1

I guess I have been lucky with my BR seats. United has re-issued my tickets twice now, and each time the seats on BR have held.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:05 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
I haven't seen that happen for any my TG flights.
It certainly did for my TG tickets (on UA points). But, I was quick and got them back again by using the TG web site.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: United, Turkish
Originally Posted by og
It certainly did for my TG tickets (on UA points). But, I was quick and got them back again by using the TG web site.
I had exactly the Same problem twice on SA. Now I know to call SA immediately and wait with them while the system updates. This time I actually called before the change was in the SA system. 30 seconds later it came through, wiping out the seat reservation.

Also the SAA record locators United gives you are absolutely worthless in dealing with the SA computer system. They are not "real" SAA locators. They only work with an agent.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Do you think the seat loss issue is caused by United or the other carrier?

Has anyone noticed if there is a loss of seats where TG, OZ or SA was the carrier that originally issued the ticket and did a re-issue?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:05 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BF263533
Do you think the seat loss issue is caused by United or the other carrier?
??? It's caused by UA re-issuing the ticket.

This problem is generally easily solved as the seats go right back into inventory. A very good thing to keep in mind though when you make changes to an itinerary with TG/OZ segments.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: UA GS
I've had seats held on TG for nearly a year that have stuck despite many changes and reissues. Even kept my pre-order meals. Maybe it varies based on the mix of carriers?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by villox
Maybe it varies based on the mix of carriers?
Must be. My itin was UA/OZ/TG.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, WN A-List, Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle
This has happened consistently to me as well when I've changed any of my outbound LH/TG flights. I lose the seat assignment for all three segments every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.