Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated BRU connection time/logistics/lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
related thread
AMS or BRU: which is easier connection

BRU is scheduled to get PreClearance for USA flights, implementation date is unknown
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM & *A Gold

Update on the showers at Brussels Airport. The showers in Terminal B are under construction now. Not sure when they will be open again

Today, after running 7 miles through Brussels in between flights, I came back to find no showers available in Terminal B - for any loungers.

I had to take the bus to Terminal T, and shower at the Sunrise Lounge there (Star Alliance Gold has access, not sure about others), then bus back. No problems in doing so, but it does add 20 minutes to get there/back and the lounge attendant did wonder why I was in T if I was flying out of B.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wayan
Update on the showers at Brussels Airport. The showers in Terminal B are under construction now. Not sure when they will be open again

Today, after running 7 miles through Brussels in between flights, I came back to find no showers available in Terminal B - for any loungers.

I had to take the bus to Terminal T, and shower at the Sunrise Lounge there (Star Alliance Gold has access, not sure about others), then bus back. No problems in doing so, but it does add 20 minutes to get there/back and the lounge attendant did wonder why I was in T if I was flying out of B.
Interesting that you got access to the Sunrise Lounge with a *G card. Were you on a long-haul flight?

(When we were last in BRU, we only tried using the regular non-Schengen lounge with a *G card and a boarding pass on SN BRU-LHR.)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM & *A Gold
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Interesting that you got access to the Sunrise Lounge with a *G card. Were you on a long-haul flight?

(When we were last in BRU, we only tried using the regular non-Schengen lounge with a *G card and a boarding pass on SN BRU-LHR.)
Yes, I was going BRU-IAD. I'll pass through BRU twice in the next week, each time long-haul as well.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Silver, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium
Flying ORD>BRU in C (on United) and traveling BRU>MAD in Y (on Brussels Airlines).

By the time I take the flight I will be a general member of Star Alliance (no longer 1K).

Are there any lounges I can access via my arrival in Business class? Will I be allowed to take a shower between flights?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:43 pm

Any updates to this thread? I'm flying ORD-BRU on UA then a flight to Spain on SN...same PNR. Am *G

Seems the only shower option is at the sunrise lounge. How do I do that? Go through security and then take a bus to the T gates? Or can I get there by going through immigration first, heading to the A gates, then go to the T gates as the sunrise lounge is "at the end of pier A"?

Thanks

Last edited by boolean64; Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 pm
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.755 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sunrise is in the non-schengen area. If you go through immigration you won't have access. I'm not sure they'll let you through for the bus transfer without a BP for those flights but you can try.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sbm12
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.755 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sunrise is in the non-schengen area. If you go through immigration you won't have access. I'm not sure they'll let you through for the bus transfer without a BP for those flights but you can try.
I was there just about a month ago connecting from a TATL flight to a Africa flight. No one checked by boarding pass, so I think you can get to the Sunrise lounge no matter where you are going. Just follow the signs when you get off the plane to Terminal "T". You'll take a bus (I had to wait ~25 minutes for one) and the lounge is upstairs right when you get off. I didn't even have to re-clear security before getting on my next flight.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
You can use partner lounges if you have a lounge membership. No need to depart from BRU for that.

Also, you can book a refundable or a throw-away ticket from BRU to be able to use the departure *A lounge.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by burlax
You can use partner lounges if you have a lounge membership. No need to depart from BRU for that.
This is not true. If you are trying to use the SN lounge as a UClub member you must have a BP for a ticket departing BRU on *A metal.
Originally Posted by IADOrange
I was there just about a month ago connecting from a TATL flight to a Africa flight. No one checked by boarding pass, so I think you can get to the Sunrise lounge no matter where you are going. Just follow the signs when you get off the plane to Terminal "T". You'll take a bus (I had to wait ~25 minutes for one) and the lounge is upstairs right when you get off. I didn't even have to re-clear security before getting on my next flight.
Interesting...I guess things have changed since I did it.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by IADOrange
Interesting. The Brussels Airlines website says their loung with showers is in terminal B, not the T terminal. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by halls120
Interesting. The Brussels Airlines website says their loung with showers is in terminal B, not the T terminal. Guess I'll find out in a few days.
Both terminals have lounges with showers. The Sunrise lounge in Terminal T is the nicer of the two IMHO. The Terminal B lounge doesn't have showers built in, but they will give you a pass to go to the lounge next door and use theirs. Both showers were extremely clean and offered the standard amenities. Make sure you grab a croissant, as well - they were delicious.

Originally Posted by sbm12
Interesting...I guess things have changed since I did it.
This was also in the middle of the baggage handler strike so maybe they were just short of people to check things out.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by wayan

Do you have to re-clear security when going back to B?

So if I am understanding this right, if I have four hours to kill (and I do), I can take a bus to terminal T, shower, take a bus back to terminal B, go through immigration at terminal B (probably around 11AM) and find myself buying chocolate at the duty free in terminal A?

OR

I can show my boarding pass and *G card and go through security to the departure level in B, go to the lounge, then go back to the arrival level in B and head to immigration to get to A?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MM, AMEX Plat, Hertz 1, SPG Plat
In BRU - the Diamond lounge for UA Business and Priority Pass definitely has a shower.

It's over B gates 10?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by ande777emt
as opposed to ST, where you are allowed lounge access on departure and arrival.
Naaah. From the ST website:

Lounge access will be provided only at your departure airport and not on arrival, unless you are connecting to a domestic flight or other qualifying international flight
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
My cognitive capacity must be declining because after reading this thread I'm totally confused. Also searched the interwebs and was further confused so I'll just state my situation and see if anyone can provide clarity.
  • UA EWR-BRU in C with 9 hour layover in BRU, then TP BRU-LIS in C, all on a US award ticket.
  • US CP with *A Gold for the moment, not sure it it'll matter post-merger and come April when I'm traveling
  • US Club member, which probably won't help either in April but should have Admirals Club reciprocity FWIW
  • AMEX PriorityPass
Question - Would like to take a shower on arrival before going into the city during the long layover. What are my options if any?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.