Wiki Posts
Search

A Tardy Partner Confirmation Number PNR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: hardly any
A Tardy Partner Confirmation Number PNR

Over the weekend I made an award reservation though the United website; the award reservation consists of two segments, each on a different partner in East Asia.

I received the United PNR within moments. By the time that I called in to United for the partner PNRs, Thai Airways had already assigned a PNR. However, it seems that EVA Airways had not assigned a PNR.

I called in to United again this morning to learn the EVA PNR; United still had no word from EVA.

Does anyone know if this tardiness is normal for EVA? Or am a running into an older problem about dropped reservations?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: UA GS
I have frequently waited up to 48 hours for a PNR on a partner carrier - don't worry sometimes it takes time. I recently booked an ANA segment via UA and it took over a day to get an ANA PNR...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
One other quick point - UA just switched (in the lst few days) credit card processing companies and it is taking much longer to issue tickets - it should improve in the coming weeks but short term I would expect things to take longer than usual...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by SumidaGawaRunner
I have frequently waited up to 48 hours for a PNR on a partner carrier - don't worry sometimes it takes time. I recently booked an ANA segment via UA and it took over a day to get an ANA PNR...
Partner confirmation numbers are issued immediately.

Whether CO's systems has a record of them, or more likely, they can find them, is a different story.

I think EVA lets you look up by ticket number. Or worst case, call EVA and ask for it.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by channa

Whether CO's systems has a record of them, or more likely, they can find them, is a different story.

I think EVA lets you look up by ticket number. Or worst case, call EVA and ask for it.
Well, PNR's may be issued immediately but confirmation in fact takes longer. ANA requires 24 hours from UA to confirm flight availability. So even though you have a PNR doesn't mean you have a flight. I just booked a flight from NRT ro HKG on ANA and that's what they told me directly - in spite of what UA may say to you...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K MM,Marriott platinum,ihg spire
I flew last week TPE - CGK on EVA booked as a UA award.
Never received the PNR from UA.

But, I could look up the reservation on the EVA website using the UA ticket number and assign seats
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SumidaGawaRunner
Well, PNR's may be issued immediately but confirmation in fact takes longer. ANA requires 24 hours from UA to confirm flight availability. So even though you have a PNR doesn't mean you have a flight. I just booked a flight from NRT ro HKG on ANA and that's what they told me directly - in spite of what UA may say to you...
Confirmation between ANA and UA is instant, despite what the agent may have told you.

Now if CO's systems screw up and never send the request over, or drop it for some reason, that's another story. But if they send a valid request over to ANA, they should have confirmation within a few seconds.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:21 am

Confirmation between ANA and UA is instant, despite what the agent may have told you.

Now if CO's systems screw up and never send the request over, or drop it for some reason, that's another story. But if they send a valid request over to ANA, they should have confirmation within a few seconds.
Confirmation NUMBER is instant - however ANA reserves the right to take 24 hours to confirm - in spite of what you have been told...
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Confirmation NUMBER is instant - however ANA reserves the right to take 24 hours to confirm - in spite of what you have been told...
Not correct. Star Alliance carriers in StarNet offer real-time inventory and instant confirmation.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:35 am

Not correct. Star Alliance carriers in StarNet offer real-time inventory and instant confirmation.
Definitions of real time vary widely lol - why don't you call UA and ask the if ANA is confirmed instantly without exception - or if they in fact require 24 hours before 100 percent confirmed. I booked an ana flight two days ago and used the ana system to choose a seat - 24 hour rule still exists according to both UA and ana - in spite of star alliance theoretical rules....
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Definitions of real time vary widely lol - why don't you call UA and ask the if ANA is confirmed instantly without exception - or if they in fact require 24 hours before 100 percent confirmed. I booked an ana flight two days ago and used the ana system to choose a seat - 24 hour rule still exists according to both UA and ana - in spite of star alliance theoretical rules....

Real time inventory in this case is just a few seconds. Anything more than 1 minute is a sign of a likely problem.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
My understanding is that there is an IATA regulation which gives interline carriers a window of time to look back over bookings that were made by the ticketing carrier and refuse to accept the reservation. Thus, the reservation could be instantly confirmed, but still subject to the 24 (or 72) hour lookback period.

I've never had this happen, but I have had interline bookings held up 24 hours in SHARES to accommodate the IATA lookback regulation.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Best thing would be to try your reservation online or over the phone with ANA. A UA agent may not know the timings of ANA confirmations nor their policy regarding inter-airline bookings.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

This is correct. I just used the ticket number to look up EVA PNR on their website. Very easy.

You might have to play with name format a bit. Mine was FirstM (where M is middle initial only)
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
My understanding is that there is an IATA regulation which gives interline carriers a window of time to look back over bookings that were made by the ticketing carrier and refuse to accept the reservation. Thus, the reservation could be instantly confirmed, but still subject to the 24 (or 72) hour lookback period.

I've never had this happen, but I have had interline bookings held up 24 hours in SHARES to accommodate the IATA lookback regulation.
Yes, though Star Alliance has even stricter rules than IATA requirements with StarNet and immediate confirmation.

Some carriers have even stricter rules than Star Alliance. SQ, for example, will confirm immediately, and if there's no ticket numbers within 3 hours, they may cancel.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
This is correct. I just used the ticket number to look up EVA PNR on their website. Very easy.

You might have to play with name format a bit. Mine was FirstM (where M is middle initial only)
Good point. And EVA needs an exact match. Since CO melds FirstMiddle or FirstM together, it's usually one of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.