Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA seat preference survey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eghansen
I would suspect that very few people actually pay for E+. Most are upgrades or people just moved there when the aircraft is full and they have to be put everybody somewhere. it is possible UA is trying to change this.

E+ seems a bit of a quandary for UA. They obviously would prefer that everyone pay for the seat or be upgraded with status. But if an aircraft is booked full/oversold, then all the E+ seats have to be filled with somebody no matter what. This would include a lot of people who neither paid nor have status, especially on leisure destinations. The people who check in at the last minute would be the ones put in E+ over people who booked their seat well in advance.
My last flight from ORD-SFO had all of the middle E+ seats filled by standby passengers. Good for them, meh for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.