Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Another Musician's Guitar Smashed By United [threads merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Musician's Guitar Smashed By United [threads merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Update from Ellis Paul, along with his letters to United:

https://www.facebook.com/ellispaulmu...52222392128719
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Congress has already spoken, and it disagrees with you.
Of course. My opinions are reasoned and intelligent.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
WOW UA Broke another luggage I am so surprised......................

My luggage will look brand new when going around asia. Than I land at SFO, clear the bags, drop it back to the "bag drop" area, fly to houston, than goto the carousel to see my baggage broken have spilling goods out of it as it goes around the carousel.

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Two words.... FED EX!!!!
More like fedUPS , both can't do the job properly
Old Jun 7, 2014, 1:28 am
IJK

I don't know what it is, but UA seems to be extremely bad at baggage.

And to those who complain about muscians, let me just say that most
musicians do not make as much as accountants, lawyers, politicians, or
even engineers.

Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:41 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
How do you get a drummer off your front porch?

You pay him for the pizza.

A young boy says to his mom: "When I grow up, I am going to be a musician!"

Mom: You can't do both, son.

I'll be here all week.
How do you know when a drummer is knocking on your door?

The knock speeds up.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:41 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IJK
I don't know what it is, but UA seems to be extremely bad at baggage.

And to those who complain about muscians, let me just say that most
musicians do not make as much as accountants, lawyers, politicians, or
even engineers.

All of the musicians i worked for did...
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by puddinhead
How do you know when a drummer is knocking on your door?

The knock speeds up.
This just happened in a performance one of my children was in!

Damn drummer only needs to do one thing - keep the beat - and he could not even do that...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:24 pm

I'm not sure there's a way to buy a seat for a guitar. I'm a cellist and I buy a seat for my cello, which is large enough that it can be strapped in the seat and won't budge. The guitar, being smaller, could move around too much and be unsafe.

I suppose a guitarist could buy a seat and tell the airline it's for a cello, and then hope the GA/FA doesn't visually know the difference between a guitar and a cello.

Anecdotal evidence suggests a 2nd seat is unnecessary, that the guitar fits in the overhead, the FAA allows it to be carried on, and the musician must procure overhead space - which is the real kicker in this instance.

The alternative to checking the instrument is to wait for the next flight and try again for overhead space, I suppose. I can't speak to specific guitar cases because I know nothing about that. I only know that when I book a ticket for my cello, I have to say it's a cello specifically, and not just any musical instrument.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:30 pm

"Renowned cellist Lynn Harrell travels the world on two airline tickets—one for himself and one for his beloved companion, his $5 million, nearly 300-year-old cello. "Cello Harrell" gets its own boarding pass and even collects frequent-flier miles in its own account. Many cellos do, even for high school musicians.

But two seats don't always equal twice the miles. Delta Air Lines DAL -0.85% ' frequent-flier rules only allow people, not musical instruments, to collect miles, and Delta has been auditing accounts to catch frequent-flier scofflaws. Violating the rules can draw a severe penalty: Delta wiped out not only Cello Harrell's SkyMiles account, but also Lynn Harrell's personal SkyMiles account last year. Total loss: half a million miles. And Delta banned him from its loyalty program."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...58390459673484

This Colbert 'People who are destroying America' skit on Harrell is amusing:

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/video...--lynn-harrell

Gary Leff's bit is priceless!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.