Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

April 2014 - Random p.s. Equipment Swaps to Domestic 757 are Occurring

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador

Noticed that the 9AM PS 541 JFK-SFO today and tomorrow is operated by a standard 757-200. Guess one of the PS birds are out. Will UA change to a proper PS bird for free given the unique level of service they're supposed to offer?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Noticed that the 9AM PS 541 JFK-SFO today and tomorrow is operated by a standard 757-200. Guess one of the PS birds are out. Will UA change to a proper PS bird for free given the unique level of service they're supposed to offer?
possibly, can't hurt to ask but i've been told by agents before that "equipment swaps are encapsulated in the CoC and we don't have to do anything to accommodate". nothing you can SDC to on the direct or via LAX?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This has been going on for a week or two. Man I would be pissed if I'd paid $4k for a J seat on ps and they put me on a domestic 752/753!!! Great way to lose a true HVF forever.

I would assume flexibility on rebooking. Among other things, they're going to be short 4 J seats on the non-ps aircraft.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:35 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
When this happen previously, free changes or compensation vouchers was provided.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Since the swapped-in bird won't have wifi, traditionally you would get an email with a magical number you could call to make any change you please.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Since the swapped-in bird won't have wifi, traditionally you would get an email with a magical number you could call to make any change you please.
Hmm, interesting. Did not get that. Will 1K line know what to do or best to wait?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hmm, interesting. Did not get that. Will 1K line know what to do or best to wait?
Do you have it for one of your flights? If so, I would call now and try to switch. Will help if you have your alternative flight(s) in mind already.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Do you have it for one of your flights? If so, I would call now and try to switch. Will help if you have your alternative flight(s) in mind already.
"I don't see there's been any schedule change here. We've shifted some flights around in some markets so not all of the flights are flown with PS planes, maybe that's where some of the confusion is coming from." God I love United!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:14 pm

"I don't see there's been any schedule change here. We've shifted some flights around in some markets so not all of the flights are flown with PS planes, maybe that's where some of the confusion is coming from." God I love United!
Ridiculous!!!

Are you within 24 hours for a SDC?

If I got an answer like that, it would probably set me off on a mission for justice, but I recognize that not everyone is quite so obsessive about these things.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

SDC is a possibility, but next flight is Y1B1 only so massive add collect.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
HAHAHAHAHA. HUCA. And please let UA Insider know.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA G
Wow, that'd be totally unacceptable in my book. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to book p.s. for guaranteed Wi-Fi. A switch would be a deal breaker in my book.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Called a couple more times and got the BEST agent in Tampa (did I really just use best agent and Tampa in a sentence? Yes I did.) She rebooked me without batting an eye, and thanked me for my business. Mentioned how important it was to help 1Ks out, especially on a route with so much competition. She couldn't have been nicer or more competent. I've had some really good calls out of Tampa recently, which is a good sign, clearly.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:18 am

Called a couple more times and got the BEST agent in Tampa (did I really just use best agent and Tampa in a sentence? Yes I did.) She rebooked me without batting an eye, and thanked me for my business. Mentioned how important it was to help 1Ks out, especially on a route with so much competition. She couldn't have been nicer or more competent. I've had some really good calls out of Tampa recently, which is a good sign, clearly.
Glad it worked out!

Are you sure that wasn't HNL? The time is right.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Glad it worked out!

Are you sure that wasn't HNL? The time is right.
She said she was in St. Petersberg. We talked about seeing the red moon outside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.