Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

A message and question from Capt. Denny (CLE-Area Do at the end of April)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Please use the thread in CommunityBuzz for event logistical planning, RSVPs and other event information:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1567884-captain-denny-do-cleveland-cle-area-late-april-2014-a.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...

Hey folks,
Long time since I've last posted on the forum, but was talking to Capt. Denny yesterday while working the gates in CLE, and he was wondering if someone could help him put together a mini DO in CLE during his vacation before all the cuts fully take effect to all of us. He and I both know this is short notice, but he asked me to send out a message here since I'm always checking these boards and inputting what I can. His vacation is from APR 21 - 28, right after Easter and during some of the schools' spring break periods. He's looking to find a place for all interested to get together and meet some of the faces to go along with the names. Doesn't necessarily have to be just Clevelanders, but he would like to keep the mini DO in Cleveland area... I would try to put it together myself but unfortunately I don't have the same week as him for my vacation. Mine is the week prior and I have too much on my plate with the whole reduction in force thing happening. If interested, pop me a pm and we'll see what we can get pieced together.

Thanks,
CLE (possibly soon to be another station in the namefield)

Last edited by CleUnited; Apr 8, 2014 at 3:00 am Reason: fixing phone errors
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I don't have any experience or ideas about CLE activities, but I would be very interested in attending a DO in CLE, especially with Capt. Denny.

Hope something works out....
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
I would be interested, if I'm available.

MBM3 did a fantastic job on the last CLE DO that I attended.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:48 am

I've actually already got tickets to CLE to visit my girlfriend the 25-27. I'll definitely join in on some of the activities!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:05 pm

Those dates would work for me. I fly out of CLE on the 30th. If there is baseball any given night then downtown is an expensive parking proposition. If there aren't other events downtown that night then there a lot of fun places to meet up downtown.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
PM me if there is anything I can do......
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
There's a great microbrewery in Cleveland Heights, BottleHouse Brewing Company. Any FT'ers been there yet? Could make for a nice spot.

I'd definitely be in for something on Sunday the 27th.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
IIRC, one of the DOs several years ago was either held at or ended up at Great Lakes Brewing off of W 25th.

Certainly the most central location.

FWIW, the Indians are out of town that weekend, so downtown would not be as difficult.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Billiken
IIRC, one of the DOs several years ago was either held at or ended up at Great Lakes Brewing off of W 25th.

Certainly the most central location.
I'd be game for Great Lakes or Market Garden DO. Was just suggesting BottleHouse in case folks wanted to try something different.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd love to try and make this (especially if I can work in an Indians game too!) though RDU-CLE fares are often awful so it will be tough.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:28 pm
RNE

We had a Do at http://www.100thbgrestaurant.com/100thbg/default.aspx

RNE, we're attending whether you want us to or not!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I'd possibly be interested in joining, the CLE CO/UA staff are first rate and have taken good care of me over the years. Very sad to see the cuts impacting your community.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Thanks for the responses folks... It looks like the consensus is towards the latter of the week, location still under determination. As i said, I'll do what i can, but I'm still busy with two jobs during the week and hoping I could equally join in if I am able to... I will try to update Denny tomorrow since I left his contact info in my locker... (d'oh) He just left Sunday from CLE so i suspect he'll be back within the next couple of days. Thank you allfor showing interest. Lets try to narrow down a location for our first step and then pick a definite date... I am voting for either GL Brewing or the Bottlehouse, but subject to all your availabilities...

CLE
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Hi folks! I live in the CAK/CLE area. Let me know if I can do anything to help (e.g. shuttle any FTers who fly in).

I will definitely be missing the CLE staff, especially the President's Club staff who have been taking care of me for the last 14 years, and the nonstop regional service... I think I might be the only person who ever bought a CLE-CMH revenue ticket.

Joshua
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
For what it's worth, we're taking all our kids (and two boyfriends) to SXM on 4/26, so something prior to this would be best, but I certainly understand if it doesn't work for the others. Agree it's very sad to see so many good workers preparing for the unknown...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.