Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's wrong with this Picture?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
UA is done. They're only alive because people need more seats than DL, AA, and the others can collectively offer.
We can only hope. Are PQDs really worth the risk of nightmares like this?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by BearX220
We can only hope. Are PQDs really worth the risk of nightmares like this?
Not for me and especially not after this trip on DL. This sleeper seat on the 757 is comfy and banking away to AS with 100% rdm bonus at MVPG level. Service today has been nothing short of outstanding.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was really surprised UA didn't move any of the pax from 837 over to 853 yesterday. We went out with a ton of empty seats. Probably 15 or so nonrevs filled up the business cabin, which was only booked to the mid-thirties.
This is really shocking. Just so other FTers know, UA837 SFO-NRT was scheduled to depart at 1100, and UA853 SFO-NRT scheduled to depart at 1250, when UA knew there were problems with Flight 837.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
This is really shocking. Just so other FTers know, UA837 SFO-NRT was scheduled to depart at 1100, and UA853 SFO-NRT scheduled to depart at 1250, when UA knew there were problems with Flight 837.
I don't think that we got the door opened until 12:15 or 12:20 and they did not give permission for anyone to leave, or offer it as an option. I don't recall anyone being let off till 12:45 or so, and then it was too late. In hind-sight I should have tried to move us, but my guess is i would have been told no, and we were being told it was only a few minutes of what they said was a paperwork issue (which turned out to be a broken or non-sinking weight and balance gage).
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by spin88
I actually just checked, and as of Jan 9, 2014 Mike Hanna is in charge of the SFO HUB, and he is PMUA. But the person under him may be PMCO. This said, I don't think it is PMUA vs. PMCO, IME both sides are horrified by the service they have to offer, the only difference is that SHARES is old news to the PMCO folks.

That said, both sides now hate the merger, and I don't say I've talked to anyone at UAL in a long time who does not think the merger is a mess and was a big mistake. Not a good base to fix things from.
Hmm, I thought the station manager just moved to SFO from some PMCO east coast location, but indeed he's PMUA out of LAX.

What a pathetic situation at SFO of all places, the pacific gateway, and the phones were rendered useless for you by the east coast mess.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA G
Geezus, that's some seriously terrible handling. This was at SFO, of all places?

PMUA may have sucked on service reliability, but they were really freaking good at service recovery. That culture seems to have died with the merger
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
He used a GPU (SWU) to upgrade from a W fare
I know ... just in my 15 years as a 1K, I do not recall ever succeeding with an intl up from a W fare - SIN-HKG excluded ...

Originally Posted by unavaca
..PMUA may have sucked on service reliability, but they were really freaking good at service recovery. That culture seems to have died with the merger
I think that they were in bed with LH for too long. That severs the contact to the customers reliably.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 15, 2014 at 1:35 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
At some point, you have to GHATAD
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 5khours
At some point, you have to GHATAD
What is that?

As to the OP, I would have called the reservations line to sort out options as soon as things fell apart.

But, hey, UA is apparently getting its $2-billion in cuts.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Geezus, that's some seriously terrible handling. This was at SFO, of all places?

PMUA may have sucked on service reliability, but they were really freaking good at service recovery. That culture seems to have died with the merger
When they have a irrops meltdown at someplace like Shanghai, it is KINDA understandable. But at SFO? Wow.

And what a load of crap to have the United Club REFUSE to help a passenger in the club.

Just when you think United has hit bottom, they dig a hole and go deeper.

Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
What is that?

As to the OP, I would have called the reservations line to sort out options as soon as things fell apart.

But, hey, UA is apparently getting its $2-billion in cuts.
The "$2B in cuts " was mentioned by at least three different UAL folks to me to explain why nothing was working. I think they are right, as staffing levels fall, and more agents are outsourced (at non-hubs) the ability to deal with situations, even at hubs, falls. I think unfortunately, this is what UAL has become, and what to expect, in any situation.

Given a choice between a live agent at the "United Club" who I can interact with,and trying to get help from the "premier line" (which was hit and miss even as a GS, which this year I am not ) I would have always said the club. That they would refuse to help me, and then refuse to help me at the 1K check in is just beyond the pale.

The real issue is that I had three people in toe, and we needed to arrive with our bags. The issue was a small one according to everyone that should be fixable at UAL's TRANSPAC base. When I finally went to pull the trigger to get off (I was going to try to run us over to CX, bail on UAL, even if the flight went) I ran into the service director who was threatening everyone, and the GA who had been willing to help us try to get on CX - but suggested we wait a few as the flight was going, provided they could round up the FAs (which they then did) was not reachable, as the service director was blocking the door and was acting COrazy.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Ah, I dunno. Good for elites, frustrating for regular people. But now service recovery is appallingly bad for everyone.

The "$2B in cuts " was mentioned by at least three different UAL folks to me to explain why nothing was working.
It's a convenient go-to excuse for not lifting a finger to help passengers in distress when they absolutely could. The $2B in cuts doesn't explain why the Club employees (effectively) laughed in your face.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Sorry to hear spin's saga. I can't say that I'm surprised anymore about UA's service levels sinking this low. UA has been telegraphing that being a 1K isn't really all that special. They sure showed it this time.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Meanwhile according to Seth's latest blog post, United is spending time and money trying to market their great customer service:

Advertising is only as effective as reality. And until United actually offers great customer service, they would be better off spending money on actually improving service.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange how 777-300ER showed up on the website. You would think it is a simple translation from the timetable code to a display code. I wonder if all the 777-200s were displaying at 777-300ER due to some temporary code translation problem?

Actually, other than the two service directors and the RCC agent (who were hostile) and the worthless 1K agent, everyone else I dealt with basically horrified by the situation and said, sorry, our hands are tied, since the merger nothing works. I actually feel bad for the staff, they are put in a horrible situation with systems that don't work, staffing cuts, and too many IRROPs they are not allowed to fix.
Remember, there is a new way to Thank United Employees now at https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/co...o-workers.aspx

Last edited by username; Feb 15, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.