Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2014 - Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere

Flight 4140 from ATL to EWR on New Year's Day. Embraer Regional. GA's said First Officer never showed but desk at Unitted Club said he had but walked off the job.

Anyway, GA's were left in a tough spot as no one could say when or where a replacement FO could be flown in! We lucked out when another FO walked by looking to deadhead to EWR. After much to'ing and fro'ing on the phone, he received OK. Flight took off 2.5 hours late. GA told me had this not happened, flight would have been scrubbed and everyone know how had it is to rebook on New Year's Day!

Anybody ever experience total no show by flight crew where GA's were left with no solution? This was "regional" service instituted after CO main jets withdrawn so presume subcontractors involved. Sent email to UAL but radio silence so far!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

Continuing from the 2013 thread, we bring yu the 2014 consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights thread!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
My first delay of 2014 on United was not inconsiderable. UA 1571 DEN-YVR arrived 3 hours and 16 minutes late at 12:43 AM on Jan 2.

Pilot was delayed 3 hours on a CLE-DEN flight that was snow-bound at CLE.

I'd rebooked onto this flight to avoid CLE and ORD blizzards, but discovered that even if the planes come from sunny spots like FLL, the crew does not always accompany the aircraft. Perhaps United should show where the crew for aircraft are coming from, in addition to where the aircraft is coming from on their web site?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
My first flight of 2014 was canceled today from IAH-BOS, hopefully I'll get out on the first flight out tomorrow.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

UA 200 HNL-IAH 04Jan "delayed due to customer service". Really? These jokes write themselves...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold,1MM, Hilton Honors Silver, Marriott Gold, BA Blue
UA 1053 on 1/6 DEN to OMA. Canceled on 1/4. Reason unknown.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I have never been on a DTW-EWR flight that was on time.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:22 pm

Booked on SNA-SFO-HNL but SFO-HNL flight cancelled this evening. Was told there is no crew. Also told the last LAX-HNL flight of the evening was also cancelled. Nothing available until Monday afternoon from LAX so spending two nights at SNA airport hotel and will get super shuttled over on Monday..
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Plat
UA1127 from BOS to ORD on Monday, Jan 6th was cancelled already. Received an email a few hours ago. It does not seem to be weather related.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by mathprof
Booked on SNA-SFO-HNL but SFO-HNL flight cancelled this evening. Was told there is no crew. Also told the last LAX-HNL flight of the evening was also cancelled. Nothing available until Monday afternoon from LAX so spending two nights at SNA airport hotel and will get super shuttled over on Monday..
Looks like new crew rest rules are coming home to roost!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mathprof
Also told the last LAX-HNL flight of the evening was also cancelled. Nothing available until Monday afternoon from LAX
If you're traveling solo, the 1319 departure tomorrow LAX-HNL (Sunday) currently showing F1Y1. Might be able to grab a seat there if you're quick.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by bidhere23
UA1127 from BOS to ORD on Monday, Jan 6th was cancelled already. Received an email a few hours ago. It does not seem to be weather related.
They're still trying to get planes in position for flights cancelled pre-storm. Weather-related makes sense to me.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:05 pm

Thanks for checking, tom911, but have the Mrs. with me.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
UA4053 IAD-SHD 1/3 canceled. UA3602 IAD-CHO 1/3 delayed five and a half hours. IAD was an absolute disaster on all fronts.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DeterminedToUpgrade
UA4053 IAD-SHD 1/3 canceled. UA3602 IAD-CHO 1/3 delayed five and a half hours. IAD was an absolute disaster on all fronts.
you could be in ORD instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.