Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by candyapple
Question 1: Will a GS be allowed lounge (united club or *gold if available) access when flying p.s. (example: LAX-EWR-LAX or HNL-EWR-HNL)?

Question 2: If the above answer is "yes", will said GS be allowed a +1?

Thanks guys! I know these are not international flights, but sometimes rules can be a little different for the long domestic routes. GS flyer is not a united club member and does not have any united credit card.
Originally Posted by uanj
UAInsider has confirmed that GS in Business First on p.s. is entitled to access GFLs, not just UCs. No guests, though.
This is correct. GS members on p.s. flights that are in BF (not economy) get in to the GFL or UC. You are not allowed a +1.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by JROSA
I would like to know if I will reduce my chances to be GS next year if I choose to fly Lufthansa to London (first class and less flight time) instead of flying United (business class and longer flight time)?
Well, yes, you will lower your chances of getting GS. I would be skeptical Copa counts so I actually wouldn't be very confident as it is...so I might opt for the LH. Especially with your relatively few flights and booking in premium cabins as it is, I don't know if you are going to get a huge advantage out of GS, so I might opt for the LH first flight with lower flight time.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mikelcf
This is correct. GS members on p.s. flights that are in BF (not economy) get in to the GFL or UC. You are not allowed a +1.
Um ps flights are only LAX/SFO-JFK. The question referenced EWR-LAX and LAX-HNL and in those cases there is no access granted.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by meducate
Um ps flights are only LAX/SFO-JFK. The question referenced EWR-LAX and LAX-HNL and in those cases there is no access granted.
I didn't notice that ... you are right. EWR and HNL are not p.s. flights, you would not have GFL or UC access on those flights even in business or first.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: United GS, IHG platinum,ElAl Top Platinum
questions from a tyro!!
my PQM is 180,000.almost all in B/F
My PQD is $34,000
Is my BIS my miles minus B/F bonus?
If so would it be 120,000?
what then would be my cents per mile?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: UA GS
Q: NYC-based (i.e., EWR, unfortunately). 8 trips NYC-EU, all on UA metal, all C. Thus, PQD for those trips= approx $54k (fare only, excluding taxes/fees)/BIS miles= 60,800. Thus, CPM for those trips is about $.88, correct?

However, I've also got some personal travel this year (5 domestic trips, all in discount econ). So, will this travel drag down my overall CPM and put a damper on GS chances?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by refson
questions from a tyro!!
my PQM is 180,000.almost all in B/F
My PQD is $34,000
Is my BIS my miles minus B/F bonus?
If so would it be 120,000?
what then would be my cents per mile?
28cpm

Originally Posted by lex04
Q: NYC-based (i.e., EWR, unfortunately). 8 trips NYC-EU, all on UA metal, all C. Thus, PQD for those trips= approx $54k (fare only, excluding taxes/fees)/BIS miles= 60,800. Thus, CPM for those trips is about $.88, correct?

However, I've also got some personal travel this year (5 domestic trips, all in discount econ). So, will this travel drag down my overall CPM and put a damper on GS chances?
yes 88cpm. Don't worry about the domestic flights dragging down too much, since the miles are but a fraction compared to TATL, unless maybe all transcon. Even so, would likely only bring you down to 50cpm, so looks like a strong chance. YMMV
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Can GS convert Z or P class to PN?

Z3 P0 PN0 so GS RPU can't clear now.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by kb1992
Can GS convert Z or P class to PN?

Z3 P0 PN0 so GS RPU can't clear now.
No.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by lex04

Yes your domestic could bring you down and hurt you. 5 trips domestically probably not too much. But you start hitting 10-15+ trips might be an issue. I fly international about once a month in GF or biz and a ton of domestic and since I don't fly first domestic I don't get GS even though I have more spend than many GS folks here because my domestic lowers my CPM when it comes to BIS. YMMV but you probably need at least another 2 trips international to be on the safe side since you only have 60k BIS on the premium fares.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by dank0014
Yes your domestic could bring you down and hurt you. 5 trips domestically probably not too much. But you start hitting 10-15+ trips might be an issue. I fly international about once a month in GF or biz and a ton of domestic and since I don't fly first domestic I don't get GS even though I have more spend than many GS folks here because my domestic lowers my CPM when it comes to BIS. YMMV but you probably need at least another 2 trips international to be on the safe side since you only have 60k BIS on the premium fares.
If they don't do weighted CPM then very few domestic fliers would make GS. Just averaging the CPM of all of your flights together means absolutely nothing - if I fly 500 miles for $100 (20cpm) but I fly 5000 miles for $10,000 ($2.00 CPM) there is no way they are weighted the same in their algorithm.

I hate the speculation around this forum; totally useless to most.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by glx
I agree.....totally useless.

The CPM speculation has been given way too much weight IMHO. Total spend is the key element. These assertions are not speculations....they are based on my facts.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by glx
If they don't do weighted CPM then very few domestic fliers would make GS. Just averaging the CPM of all of your flights together means absolutely nothing - if I fly 500 miles for $100 (20cpm) but I fly 5000 miles for $10,000 ($2.00 CPM) there is no way they are weighted the same in their algorithm.

Me too
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I agree.....totally useless.

The CPM speculation has been given way too much weight IMHO. Total spend is the key element. These assertions are not speculations....they are based on my facts.
Then why does $80k worth of spend not give you GS where some on here only have $35-40k of spend. I'm fairly confident CPM has something to do with it....

Yet you agree to much speculation on this site yet you just did that in your own post by saying total spend is everything. That is very hypocrite like to bash others yet it is OK to do so yourself

Last edited by dank0014; Sep 1, 2014 at 8:42 am
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by dank0014
Have you considered either crediting your domestic flying to another *A carrier? You could get a status match to TK or A3 and credit there.

Or else fly another carrier domestically? It's kind of a perverse incentive not to drag down your cpm... They should really look at the volume of high cpm flying, and ignore the other flying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.